• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Exciting News - Sec Resubmission

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I purchased new a 1992 Honda accord which I drove for 12 yrs and put on 230,000 miles. I then purchased new, a 2003 Honda accord, now 12 years old, with 201,000 miles. I have planned on keeping this Honda for 300-400,000 miles. I am all in on an Elio :D. The Elio will become my primary vehicle and Honda secondary. HOORAH FOR THE ELIO <> 84 mpg, $6,800.00, roll cage, air bags, 1,240 lbs, tandem (aerodynamic), 200,000 mile capable motor (new design 2015), Hyd valve lifters-no need to adj, the Elio being categorized with motorcycles keeps additional costs down, one door, three wheels/tires, standard stereo-power windows-power door locks-front wheel drive, Hoorah :D I am in line waiting with all my Elio to be owners!
I Salute and thank you Paul Elio <> plus a grand thanks to Team Elio :D
I'm the opposite... I've bought 28 cars in the last 24 years... not getting rich doing it but I like variety.

jacquemo

Reaction score
Well it looks like production will begin in the 1st quarter of 2017. If that hold true we can expect our vehicles starting in April and they. all in should be completed by July. I expect that it will take 6 to 9 months to fill all of the orders on the books so far. I do not expect them to run any more than 1 shift for the 1st 3 to 6 months. and maybe that is where it will stay until they roll out sales all over the world not just No. America.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well it looks like production will begin in the 1st quarter of 2017. If that hold true we can expect our vehicles starting in April and they. all in should be completed by July. I expect that it will take 6 to 9 months to fill all of the orders on the books so far. I do not expect them to run any more than 1 shift for the 1st 3 to 6 months. and maybe that is where it will stay until they roll out sales all over the world not just No. America.
Welcome jacquemo!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Too bad our 'exciting-news-sec-resubmission' turned out to be just a request for more information resulting in the fine folks at start engines scurrying to re-submit. All in all, it was a great read. I am very hopeful the approval is on it's way. I looking for a Monday Surprise.
I would guess Monday is the first day that the SEC will even look at the re-submission, if it's even over there yet. I'd give it a couple weeks at minimum. But good new is welcome anytime it comes.

Chris F

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good catch on that line item. If I understand your question, my two cents: gotta get the public knowledgeable about what's coming before it arrives. We all assume that there's 4-5 months of production taken up by the current 46,700+ reservations. So why not wait until production starts? That's what companies do, especially for large-priced items: get the word out early, so people jump at the chance to buy 'em.

Who are they targeting? Anyone that hasn't made a reservation yet.

We can say that we don't agree with the need to spend $6.45 million at that time on advertising, but I think any marketing employee would say it's a must-have, continue to get the word out early.

Remember that not much money has been spent by Elio on advertising so far, relatively speaking. Social media, the prototype tour, a few videos including that professionally done one, internet ads, and some others. And again, we can argue that how much they've spent is too much or not enough or not the right timing, but you've got to get word out on the autocycle before production starts, and you do that through advertising. Plus we can debate over what exactly "advertising" is... is it going to the auto shows and events? Is it having the fireside chat with the StartEngine CEO? Going on the radio show with the Infinite Skyz person?

One last aspect... has there been too much advertising up to this point? I'd say no. Timing is everything, and for years the Elio was considered a scam. Advertising something that some folks consider a scam, well that's not "advertising" at that time to them. Now that it's clearly not a scam, it's important to advertise.
Advertising includes all the costs of the Elio Tour, the auto shows, social media, the blog, the e-mails., etc.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I would guess Monday is the first day that the SEC will even look at the re-submission, if it's even over there yet. I'd give it a couple weeks at minimum. But good new is welcome anytime it comes.

in my mind, it shouldn't take too long for them to come to one of 3 decisions --- approve, disapprove, ask for more info .... I can't see why they would spend much, if any, time going over the parts of the submission that they have already agreed to .... to me it makes sense that they would go over EM's responses to their questions and decide if they were happy with the responses .... no matter how extensive the revisions had to be, they should provide specific points to examine and that should reduce the time needed for a response

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
in my mind, it shouldn't take too long for them to come to one of 3 decisions --- approve, disapprove, ask for more info .... I can't see why they would spend much, if any, time going over the parts of the submission that they have already agreed to .... to me it makes sense that they would go over EM's responses to their questions and decide if they were happy with the responses .... no matter how extensive the revisions had to be, they should provide specific points to examine and that should reduce the time needed for a response
You forgot one other option ever popular these days- do nothing!!

Top Bottom