• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Engine Swap?

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not me. Doubt I'll do anything to mine for several years! Believe I like it 'just as is'. Just going to drive it.
I'm with you on Just Driving it. If it pans out for what I want, I have a plan to have a later model.
I am thinking, seriously, of reserving another Elio at the lowest tier, which would put it out a while, but not more than 2 years. This would allow me to take advantage of any 2nd/3rd Gen. improvements or up grades with out waiting 5 or more years for the second one..
When the time comes to pay-up up for the the remainder of my second Elio, I can decide to Pony-up or Pass.
An Original Elio, in 5 years or so, could/would be worth a Mint.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm with you on Just Driving it. If it pans out for what I want, I have a plan to have a later model.
I am thinking, seriously, of reserving another Elio at the lowest tier, which would put it out a while, but not more than 2 years. This would allow me to take advantage of any 2nd/3rd Gen. improvements or up grades with out waiting 5 or more years for the second one..
When the time comes to pay-up up for the the remainder of my second Elio, I can decide to Pony-up or Pass.

I'm with you. Once reservations are no longer taken (first year production), I don't think it will be that easy to get your hands on one...not for the stated price, anyway!

Wheelthang

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan I could be happy with.....Especially at that price.

Jim C

Elio Fan
Reaction score
There are several guys talking about this in the Elio Motors Owners Association on FB... plus there are a couple of companies that I heard of that will be making a turbo kit for the IAV engine ... lots of room in the engine compartment since it is a big crumple zone

When I talk to a rep at the company she mentioned that one of the after market companies their dealing with may be making a Super Charger for it.

Top Bottom