• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Engine Cost?

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
just got on the waiting list. I' m a independent contractor.( courier) I drive over 250 miles a day. I was wondering what the cost of a new engine would be. I figured I could buy an extra and swap it out when needed. Maybe I could work something out with Eliios RD department.
They should be making lots of extra engines, it is part of the business plan to sell them separately overseas. Do not think it will be a problem for us to get extra ones too. I have no idea about the cost yet. I see you live in Jellystone Park, CA too. Welcome to ElioOwners.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
just got on the waiting list. I' m a independent contractor.( courier) I drive over 250 miles a day. I was wondering what the cost of a new engine would be. I figured I could buy an extra and swap it out when needed. Maybe I could work something out with Eliios RD department.
Welcome, Feur...ah,...Shawn!:p
No info (yet) on what a "replacement" engine will cost. Hopefully it will be a while before you need one. I (personally) am impressed with the steps EM is taking to see that the motor has a looong life.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome from The PNW (where we have PLENTY of drinking water), love your comment, brings a smile that you have already made the BIG leap of replacing an engine!!!!
there are folks here who put on heaps of miles also, and incredible (for me who leases every 2-3 years), the hundreds of thousands folks clock on their machines!!
Wishing us all getting our Es- ASAP-- I was married, living in Florida, with my kids living in Seattle when I started this adventure, -since then- divorced, l moved to Seattle, and sharing my grandchild. (win,win,win!!!)
BTW gave up my last two wheels (after 50+ yrs of riding) - as are many here
Hoping for production to begin, I've got this nagging feeling it'll be my grandchild driving it out of the store!! :-(

FeuersteinShawn

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Welcome, Feur...ah,...Shawn!:p
No info (yet) on what a "replacement" engine will cost. Hopefully it will be a while before you need one. I (personally) am impressed with the steps EM is taking to see that the motor has a looong life.
To be honest, I would also like to have one to tinker with also. Turbo , exhaust ext.

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does no one rebuild engines anymore? I'd just spend the little bit it would cost to rebuild... gaskets, cylinder hone, etc...
It seems there are fewer rebuilds these days. With the normal vehicles these days running 200,000 miles commonly, and some lots more. I have a Mustang with 309,000 a GMC 3/4 ton with 290,000 a Geo with 235,000 a Volvo with 224,000 a Caprice wagon with 235,000 a Yamaha XT500 motorcycle with 68,000 and a KLR motorcycle with 34,000. Only the Geo has been rebuilt, and all others only maintained regularly. I have a spare engine for the Caprice which I race on the Salt Flats in Utah. With better materials and better oils, the engines seem to run much longer than my 60's era cars.

Top Bottom