• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Eliocoin Theory...

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think that the plan is for people to buy the coins through institutional investors. I don't understand crytocurrency, just know when someone is trying to play me.

Well, Venezuela is commissioning their own BitCoin version, as well. Who knows, maybe Hari and Paul are down there. There has to be good deals at the remaining resorts and no one is likely to recognize them.

ElioWallSteet

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The articles about Eliocoin already state that the initial offering will not be available to non-accredited investors.

The articles are saying it's basically private placement only.

Hummm...a crypto currency masquerading as a stock offering...initial private placement results in limited liquidity...no price discovery...

There is a good chance this is DOA just like the highly touted Nasdaq IPO...

And as always...Elio is spending a boatload on attorneys & firms specializing in financial wizardry ...lots of hands in Paul’s limited “Cookie Jar”...

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The articles about Eliocoin already state that the initial offering will not be available to non-accredited investors.

The articles are saying it's basically private placement only.
Hummm...a crypto currency masquerading as a stock offering...initial private placement results in limited liquidity...no price discovery...

There is a good chance this is DOA just like the highly touted Nasdaq IPO...

And as always...Elio is spending a boatload on attorneys & firms specializing in financial wizardry ...lots of hands in Paul’s limited “Cookie Jar”...
Wonder what they will release before next SEC report, Hard to top 100 million Nasdaq IPO and the Eliocoin.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's what I was thinking. The Eliocoin domain was purchased back in mid November. So, Elio had to know by then that the NASDAQ listing was not going to happen. As we have seen, 8 weeks and it should have been listed. So, Elio decided to not release an SEC filing and just wait it out as long as possible. It wouldn't surprise me if they never release another SEC filing too. They were spending from November to April looking into what to do with cyrptocurrency and it makes sense because that was all the talk before Christmas. It looked like easy money.

Fast forward to the last few weeks and they figured out that they can't raise any more money with stock, so the next best thing is to go the route of an STO. This does a number of things. Since it's not stock, you don't have to worry about angry stockholders or even activist ones. With NASDAQ and what is out there already, there was a risk that when the company ran into the next brick wall after the $100M was spent, the stock was going to tank. What you don't want is a group buying up as much of the stock and then come May 15, they show up at your meeting with lots more clout (voting rights) and could possibly want to remove Paul and put someone else at the helm. This serves the stockholders because if the new leader could turn the company around thus they will makes lots of money.

The STO allows Elio to not have that problem. He stays in control and since it's not ownership in the company, there's nothing the token owners can do but just hope their token will become something of value on the open market and that means, Elio must produce a vehicle. If not, it's worthless.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"What you don't want is a group buying up as much of the stock and then come May 15, they show up at your meeting with lots more clout (voting rights) and could possibly want to remove Paul and put someone else at the helm. This serves the stockholders because if the new leader could turn the company around thus they will makes lots of money.

The STO allows Elio to not have that problem. He stays in control and since it's not ownership in the company, there's nothing the token owners can do but just hope their token will become something of value on the open market and that means, Elio must produce a vehicle. If not, it's worthless."

IMHO, there is one key factor missing, here, and in most people's thinking: Elio Motors has nothing. Elio Motors has three to five obsolete and unfinished 'prototypes' taking up space. There is no intellectual property not easily 'reversed engineered,' heck, even that is puffing it up. It is a three wheeler without a tested powerplant, no patents: Elio Motors exists on a thumbdrive. There is no dedicated, unencumbered property or facility, just month to month office rentals (if that). There is big debt and pending fines.

What is there to bring to market but satisfying probably thousands of 'reservationists"? Anyone wanting in the three wheeler biz can just go design another one for pennies on the dollars Elio Motors has arguably squandered.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There's lots of value in Elio but most of it is in the virtual world. When I look at all of those Momentum's and the CAD screen shots, what is in CAD looks more like a production vehicle but the actual E-Series ones are not. They spent lots of time and money designing something in the virtual world but they really need to have it represented in the real world. This explains why they have only spent $62M on R&D but need another $85M to get to the finish line. There's lots of work to be done. Elio is probably about a fifth of the way to the finish line and most of the progress up until now has been in the virtual world. Time to transfer it to the real world.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"What you don't want is a group buying up as much of the stock and then come May 15, they show up at your meeting with lots more clout (voting rights) and could possibly want to remove Paul and put someone else at the helm. This serves the stockholders because if the new leader could turn the company around thus they will makes lots of money.

The STO allows Elio to not have that problem. He stays in control and since it's not ownership in the company, there's nothing the token owners can do but just hope their token will become something of value on the open market and that means, Elio must produce a vehicle. If not, it's worthless."

IMHO, there is one key factor missing, here, and in most people's thinking: Elio Motors has nothing. Elio Motors has three to five obsolete and unfinished 'prototypes' taking up space. There is no intellectual property not easily 'reversed engineered,' heck, even that is puffing it up. It is a three wheeler without a tested powerplant, no patents: Elio Motors exists on a thumbdrive. There is no dedicated, unencumbered property or facility, just month to month office rentals (if that). There is big debt and pending fines.

What is there to bring to market but satisfying probably thousands of 'reservationists"? Anyone wanting in the three wheeler biz can just go design another one for pennies on the dollars Elio Motors has arguably squandered.
There's lots of value in Elio but most of it is in the virtual world. When I look at all of those Momentum's and the CAD screen shots, what is in CAD looks more like a production vehicle but the actual E-Series ones are not. They spent lots of time and money designing something in the virtual world but they really need to have it represented in the real world. This explains why they have only spent $62M on R&D but need another $85M to get to the finish line. There's lots of work to be done. Elio is probably about a fifth of the way to the finish line and most of the progress up until now has been in the virtual world. Time to transfer it to the real world.
A big chunk of the 62 million was wasted by ESG Engineering.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Back in the day I was high tech and bought the whole Steve Miller collection on CD to replace my albums. luckily that laser didn't burn through those CD's (which some people at the time thought they would) and I transferred them to something I could put on my phone. I still have a Sony Diskman that is dated 1987 and it still works. If you'd breathe on it, it would skip.

Top Bottom