• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Eliocoin Theory...

ElioWallSteet

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Here’s a bit of ElioCoin theory...

The only reasons to own ElioCoin’s are not to use them as a currency, but to either speculate on their asset value or use them to shield transactions from others.

Without a stable value ElioCoin cannot truly be a currency. Rather it is a commodity asset that one trades, like gold or silver, in hopes that its value will rise and yield a trading profit.

There is nothing wrong with speculation. The actions of speculators help to add market liquidity and to determine the market value of assets.

But, usually the asset being valued also has an actual underlying use. You can invest in gold and silver, or use it to make jewelry or electronic components. ElioCoins will have no uses other than allowing people to hide wealth, possibly conceal transactions, and make and lose money by trading them.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We will have to see, IF (that's a big "IF") the Eliocoin gets any momentum, the real big IF is, even IF it does, will vendors, suppliers, (Pepboys, the Indian wheel mfr., etc) trade in Eliocoin? IF successful, will the wildly undulating values prevalent in cryptocurrency further dissuade suppliers? Is Elio going to have a bona fide sourch of lot's of cash to back up fluctuating credit? IS cryptocurrency a fad? will 'the pendulum' of fascination swing the other way as cryptocurrency gets more associated with dodging taxes, hiding income, and money laundering? Will the Gov't intercede, regulate, or shut down?

This has less to do with building vehicles as it does with an attempt to create wealth, by any means.

Last edited:

mkiker2089

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Aren't all cryptocurrencies for speculation only, or at least mostly. Then again I think the stock market is the same way. It's all legalized gambling.

I hope the coin is a way to actually fund the car. People will pay Elio for the coins as a cash influx. Then the coin can rise and fall in private hands while Elio moves on, or they can sell more new coins adding to the market.

At some point I keep expecting the crypto field to collapse but people seem to enjoy gambling on non-tangibles.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We will have to see, IF (that's a big "IF") the Eliocoin gets any momentum, the real big IF is, even IF it does, will vendors, suppliers, (Pepboys, the Indian wheel mfr., etc) trade in Eliocoin?
That's not going to happen at all. Would you go to work and want to get paid with EC? Would the electric company in LA want to get paid in EC? Water? Sewer? Aisin is not going to be ready to take X amount of EC's for 100K transmissions. I can definitely tell you without any doubt, not one employee in Shreveport will accept EC as payment. That's a fact.

Then there's the issue of where there could be a time where 1 EC will be the value of a brand new Elio and 6 months later, you'll need 1M EC's or 0.10 EC's.

Devilstower

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
While I passed on buying Elio stock, I would (will) buy ElioCoin when they become available. Simply because is an open speculative play. Unlike a lot of cryto-currencies, it even has something tangible to "back it up" in a sense. Which may generate interest from people who are more coin traders than car buyers.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While I passed on buying Elio stock, I would (will) buy ElioCoin when they become available. Simply because is an open speculative play. Unlike a lot of cryto-currencies, it even has something tangible to "back it up" in a sense. Which may generate interest from people who are more coin traders than car buyers.
I can pretty much buy 3 Elios with what I made with their stock. Just the Eliocoin announcement got me to that third Elio. I want more Eliocoin news and excitement because I might be able to secure funding for a 4th Elio if I play it right. So, please buy up as much Eliocoin as you can as fast as you can. I'd appreciate it.

Reaction score
You guys are confusing me or ... something. This eliocoin thing is designed for institutional credited investors only. Not credited investors like the IPO, February 2016. I might belong in an institution but I am not an institution. If we are allowed and able to buy this and use them to pay off our reservations, it would shut a lot of mouths. Who said we were able to buy these coins?
And if the price of the coin goes up or down will we owe that difference at closing?

Last edited:

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You guys are confusing me or ... something. This eliocoin thing is designed for institutional credited investors only. Not credited investors like the IPO, February 2016. I might belong in an institution but I am not an institution. If we are allowed and able to buy this and use them to pay off our reservations, it would shut a lot of mouths. Who said we were able to buy these coins?
And if the price of the coin goes up or down will we owe that difference at closing?
I think that the plan is for people to buy the coins through institutional investors. I don't understand crytocurrency, just know when someone is trying to play me.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The articles about Eliocoin already state that the initial offering will not be available to non-accredited investors.

The articles are saying it's basically private placement only.

Top Bottom