• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Tv Commercial - 60 Second Tv Spots (link)

airforceguy6

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I first got a look at the commercial on 8/12 on Fox Business. Did some research and went all in for a grand that night. I know it's not without risk but support the idea of the project and want to see them be successful :). Also I drive for work quite a bit and the Elio would be perfect for my needs.....I like the "and vehicle" concept as my truck is just not needed for most days but it is needed.
Welcome RonnieB, I'm in the same boat as you and cant wait to add the Elio as my "and vehicle". I wont ever give up my truck, but driving it less would be great!

airforceguy6

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One observation related to the Elio commercial gaining ground across the country and online...Has any of the Admins or Enthusiasts thought about creating a video on YouTube or such advertising the Elioowners.com Forum? With the significant increase in reservations out there, there is a good chance to rally more supporters and help out with questions for more future owners. I have zero video editing experience, but maybe someone could step up to the plate?

Thoughts?

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One observation related to the Elio commercial gaining ground across the country and online...Has any of the Admins or Enthusiasts thought about creating a video on YouTube or such advertising the Elioowners.com Forum? With the significant increase in reservations out there, there is a good chance to rally more supporters and help out with questions for more future owners. I have zero video editing experience, but maybe someone could step up to the plate?

Thoughts?
That will definitely take some thinking. It's cool/innovative that you came up with the idea.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion that EM is doing subliminal advertising; I thought they outlawed that.
Last night during the 49er's and Ram's game and during the Pittsburg and Washington game I saw this come up at least twice per game.
They'd do the typical commercial break, but just before they go back to the game, there is a 1/2 second flash up of the P4
This was on the NFL channel.
I also saw it during a couple of the games on Sunday.
It's an all white page, has some printing on it; but it comes and goes so fast you can't read it, but you will see the Elio just in the upper right quadrant.
No sound.
And I losing what's left of my mind, or did anyone else see this too?

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Am I losing what's left of my mind, or did anyone else see this too?
Personally I think you are right, it is subliminal. But this has been an ongoing method practically forever. It's just that the standards have been defined such that it is allowable content so long as the images are perceptible. They only call it subliminal if it is imperceptible from some TV standard streams, like less than 1/4 second or something.

But seriously, AFAIK, none of this is regulated once you exit the transmitted TV waves and maybe cable. On line streaming and in you tube for example you can do anything you want. Single frame flash-by's? No problem. Interwoven multi-frame distributions? Low volume sub-tone voices? Hi frequency carriers of audio content? No Problem. Subtle image shadows impressed on moving or cluttered content? No Problem.

But does this actually affect people? AFAIK, no research says it does. I've never heard of any, except for people that sell tech for this would obviously say it does, just to their customers.

Obviously no established brand wants to get caught doing such things, but who's to stop it elsewhere or otherwise?

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Thoughts?

Based on an Elio video he created before Stehodine could create one. I'm sure he will appreciate my volunteering him....

Reaction score

Thoughts?

OH HECK YEA. This is my favorite. Grandchildren love it. Check it out.

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Thoughts?

This sounds like a great idea for Joeker88 to do along with his weekly update.

Top Bottom