• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Stores Delayed Till 2017

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder what the rental market is for a two passenger vehicle is though? I don't know much about the rental industry, but every time I've rented a car, it's been while traveling with family, so that wouldn't work out.
Actually, come to think of it, I've rented vehicles on business trips before, so maybe not a bad plan.
yea, I think there might be a sizable market for rentals. I have taken business trips and had to rent cars. Most business trips are made solo, so a two passenger car would do nicely. And most business trips just require a small suitcase, so it would fit as well.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
and high humidity
Soooo right - we now have "cool" evenings high to mid 70's, with humidity to match, on when it ain't raining. After gloating all "winter", it's my turn to suck it up. They don't call it sub-tropical for nothing. Just an aside, the last few years, all seasons have been much warmer. One of my hobbies is Bonsai, and whenever it's gonna go below 40, I bring 'em inside. -Usually 4-6x per season, these last two years not one day. Here in S Florida, whatever you call it things are changing. In Miami there are streets beginning to have ocean water (not flood, not high tide)) in the streets- we are VERY little above sea level. I live 4 miles inland, and if the projections hold, I should have waterfront property by 3000!!!

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Soooo right - we now have "cool" evenings high to mid 70's, with humidity to match, on when it ain't raining. After gloating all "winter", it's my turn to suck it up. They don't call it sub-tropical for nothing. Just an aside, the last few years, all seasons have been much warmer. One of my hobbies is Bonsai, and whenever it's gonna go below 40, I bring 'em inside. -Usually 4-6x per season, these last two years not one day. Here in S Florida, whatever you call it things are changing. In Miami there are streets beginning to have ocean water (not flood, not high tide)) in the streets- we are VERY little above sea level. I live 4 miles inland, and if the projections hold, I should have waterfront property by 3000!!!
Our humidity is normally in the single digits and during the summer monsoon seasons it will jump up to the 70's immediately following the rain and within 30-45 minutes everything is dry again and the humidity drops back down. We have an annual "raft the Rio Grande River" event every year but it has been canceled this year because there is no water in the river. Bone dry. Even in a normal year the river is dry probably 6 months of the year. They have mandatory releases from the dam several times a year to irrigate the crops on the Mexican side of the border as a requirement of an international agreement.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Our humidity is normally in the single digits and during the summer monsoon seasons it will jump up to the 70's immediately following the rain and within 30-45 minutes everything is dry again and the humidity drops back down. We have an annual "raft the Rio Grande River" event every year but it has been canceled this year because there is no water in the river. Bone dry. Even in a normal year the river is dry probably 6 months of the year. They have mandatory releases from the dam several times a year to irrigate the crops on the Mexican side of the border as a requirement of an international agreement.
We're going through the same up here; we had 25% of the snow pack, a main reservoir outside Seattle is at a 63 year low; and the governor has already put water restrictions on the state.
And I live on the wet side of the state; eastern WA must be bone dry already; and it's only April!!
We've already had 70 and 80+ degree days and we never see that here until after the 4th of July.

Top Bottom