• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Progress

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the link. I enjoyed reading The Daily Beast April Fool's Day Article.
Fair enough. However, I would point out that not every article written on April Fool's Day is intended to be a joke:
The Motley Fool

Also, there are other non-AFD articles making essentially the same point:
Cleantechnica
Learnbonds
IBTimes
Wired

As pointed out, it's not that Tesla won't offer the Model 3 for the $35K base price to someone at some point. It's that historically, TM has prioritized production of higher/fully spec'd vehicles, at much higher than base price, to help keep margins up and the company afloat. These articles also point out that, for the Model S, Tesla soon eliminated the initially touted base price of $49K after its rollout and quickly went to the higher margin products afterward. They seem to be doing the same thing with the Model X. Time will tell if they follow a similar pattern for the Model 3.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's not that the base price won't be 35k. it's that they won't be building base models any time soon. Tesla has already said they will build only high-priced premium models until they make back their research and development investment. So, yeah, 35k is the "base price", but you can't buy it.
I ass.u.me I'll be able to purchase a base model on the official Tesla Motors order form by the time they start to build my Tesla Model 3 #. Although, I could be mistaken because I ass.u.me.d I would have 30, 000 + or - miles on my $6800 base Elio by now. I hope to not have 30,000 miles on my base Tesla Model 3 before I purchase my Elio.

The reality is I may decide to go with an option or 2 on both the Elio and the Tesla. Life is short. Drive what you like, like what you drive. Back to Elio Motor's Progress. :)

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Thread-Offtopic-Derailed.jpg

Enough about Tesla; if you want to talk Tesla, go to the Tesla Site.
This is the Elio site
So this discussion on the Tesla is done.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
These "warning points"...are they anything like "de-merits"? :brick::peep:
Changed my mind, and did an edit to reflect it.
But I'd rather just say, a page and a half is getting a bit excessive; let's go back to topic, and let Elon rest for a while.
Talking about another pioneer in the automotive industry is healthy for business; the big 6 haven't had anything to challenge them in a long time.

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Any one heard what the next step will be for Elio?
Are they going to show the E1c around or pile it up in the name of safety:shocked:
Maybe they are working on another E version with a conceled exhaust and the gas fill on the left?
I liked the fact that the e1c had real glass in it. The tint looked about right could use a little more.
Hope this is non-electrifying enough:cupcake:
MK

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Any one heard what the next step will be for Elio?
Are they going to show the E1c around or pile it up in the name of safety:shocked:
Maybe they are working on another E version with a conceled exhaust and the gas fill on the left?
I liked the fact that the e1c had real glass in it. The tint looked about right could use a little more.
Hope this is non-electrifying enough:cupcake:
MK
EM has stated there may be an EV Elio, or a diesel, or fuel cell in a future model, but not this one.
This one is ICE and they are sticking with that through the whole Gen 1 version.

Top Bottom