• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio P5 At Detroit Auto Show

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A fun to drive tilting, rear wheel steer auto scooter EV that would work perfectly for my everyday driving needs. Auto industry reviewers taking the i-Road for a test drive get out of the i-Road's cabin with a big grin on their faces saying they have never had so much fun driving any vehicle. Obviously, it will not meet everyone's needs, but will satisfy a large urban demographic need. I will buy one in a heartbeat when Toyota gets it to market, hoping for a little more top speed in the production model, but not required.

Even Arnold Schwarzenneger has a smile on his face and it's standing still!
View attachment 8020

Rear wheel steer? Perhaps you can drive it if you can land a tail dragger or back a two wheel trailer. This would be more fun that many people could enjoy. Even at 18 MPH:D

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Its called "data mining". You just keep looking until you find the "facts" that support your bias or conclusion.:typing:

... and then immediately stop. Two reasons:

1) Continuing might reveal data which refutes your thesis.
2) Stopping allows you to truthfully claim that you found the data in the "last place I looked".

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope they straighten out the seam between the rear hatch and the roof. It looks a bit hinky.

View attachment 8133

In the spirit of the squeaky wheel.... this is what the rear panel should look like....

jjjage1.jpg

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The viper wheel will be on the production model :)
At least that's what I was told at the Greenwood show !
(I was told the Camaro wheel but things could have changed) If that's true, there will be plenty of them available in 2017 since they are discontinuing the Viper after that. (590 for 2016 and only 485 being built in 2017)

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Still looks hinky to me

I agree with you, I'm not crazy about it either. But since Elio is determined to use this style rear panel they might as well do it right. By lowering the position of the license plate it creates a space to put the "ELIO" name. It could be a simple chrome plate or a brake light as in the picture. If you notice when driving around virtually every car or truck has the brand name on the rear, and this is for good reason. It's free advertising. Just think how many people will be setting behind an Elio at a light and wondering what it is if there is no name.

As to it looking "hinky". Yea, it does. They had a really nice design (see below) but, for some reason I don't know, decided to change it to "the black box". I've never liked the look and wish they would go back to the earlier one. Oh, well, what can ya do?

Imag68e1.jpg

Top Bottom