• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors @ New York Auto Show 2015

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On April 5, 2015, I sent the following email question to Elio Motors.

The media says Elio Motors is trying to raise $230 million but I have been told they (the media) are incorrect. I have been told $230 million is the expense of the project, Elio Motors already has part of the money, and is actually trying to raise a much smaller amount. So, how much money is Elio Motors trying to raise? Thank you.

On April 9, 2015, I received the following email answer from Elio Motors.

Thanks for checking in with us.
As Paul has mentioned, we are looking at raising a total of $240 million to get us to production.
Thanks again and let us know if we can help with anything!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

As Paul has mentioned, we are looking at raising a total of $240 million to get us to production.

well, one can read a couple of different ways .... $240 from today or $240 from day one ..??

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I went today . Seriously , the Elio display was a beacon of interest . Folks walking by simply murmuring " $6800 " ? "84 MPG"?
There was a line to sit either in the back or drivers seat . Was my 1st opportunity to see an Elio in person . I was impressed but not surprised . Gentleman in line behind me was 6'5" and had headroom to spare . I spoke with Kevin (in the video above) and he was very enthusiastic and helpful but did not offer much new information . I asked if the new engine was installed and he said "no" . At no time , did they ever open the hood . He did share that this prototype would change in the following ways ......

- Windshield will be higher
- Side mirrors will be larger
- Dashboard layout will ultimately be "different"
- A-pillar will be slimmer for better visibility

I particularly like the A pillar being slimmer.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
well, one can read a couple of different ways .... $240 from today or $240 from day one ..??
I don't think they like it nailed down to tight. But I've always felt the $240 was how much it will have cost to get though Year1 production, if you have to spend everything up front. Given you need to pay for supplies before you get them, not much of that can be delayed so that buyer's money can be applied.

So I vote $240m - $65m = $175m left to go, which is pretty close to the $185 guarantee EM is seeking.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On April 5, 2015, I sent the following email question to Elio Motors.

The media says Elio Motors is trying to raise $230 million but I have been told they (the media) are incorrect. I have been told $230 million is the expense of the project, Elio Motors already has part of the money, and is actually trying to raise a much smaller amount. So, how much money is Elio Motors trying to raise? Thank you.

Key word: Total.....:)

eliothegreat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
paul elio has stated on at least two recent occasions that the total of the project will $300M, and that they need an additional $230-240M. You can put more credence in his clear statements or in an ambiguous email as you wish. What is still unclear is what "we have raised $65M" means. Does that mean total collections so far, or current cash on hand?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I went today . Seriously , the Elio display was a beacon of interest . Folks walking by simply murmuring " $6800 " ? "84 MPG"?
There was a line to sit either in the back or drivers seat . Was my 1st opportunity to see an Elio in person . I was impressed but not surprised . Gentleman in line behind me was 6'5" and had headroom to spare . I spoke with Kevin (in the video above) and he was very enthusiastic and helpful but did not offer much new information . I asked if the new engine was installed and he said "no" . At no time , did they ever open the hood . He did share that this prototype would change in the following ways ......

- Windshield will be higher
- Side mirrors will be larger
- Dashboard layout will ultimately be "different"
- A-pillar will be slimmer for better visibility
Did they give any indication when we'd see the final prototype? Probably not or you would have mentioned it. But has anyone else heard?

Top Bottom