• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors @ New York Auto Show 2015

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, that does solidly project the start date to the middle of next year. You all may have known that, but this is my first confirmation.
Doesn't change much for me, but it doesn't help with the confidence and expectation levels.
Like everyone else, the important points for me are funding funding funding, engine, crash mules, funding funding finding.

I suppose, I may just go build one of my 3 wheeler designs as therapy while I wait for my Elio's.

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IMG_0954.JPG

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I went today . Seriously , the Elio display was a beacon of interest . Folks walking by simply murmuring " $6800 " ? "84 MPG"?
There was a line to sit either in the back or drivers seat . Was my 1st opportunity to see an Elio in person . I was impressed but not surprised . Gentleman in line behind me was 6'5" and had headroom to spare . I spoke with Kevin (in the video above) and he was very enthusiastic and helpful but did not offer much new information . I asked if the new engine was installed and he said "no" . At no time , did they ever open the hood . He did share that this prototype would change in the following ways ......

- Windshield will be higher
- Side mirrors will be larger
- Dashboard layout will ultimately be "different"
- A-pillar will be slimmer for better visibility

Top Bottom