• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Facebook Comments

Mr Deleon

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
So Elio Motors should have said "we might have a company", "we might have an idea" "we might be able to make this vehicle", "we might have a cost and we might have a delivery date". Tell me any corporation or individual who starts a company that starts out with this mindset?

The world might end tomorrow so no one get frustrated, OK. That should solve all your problems.

I guess being hostel to opinions is the way to go!

So lets look as this piece by piece:
We might have a company: well they do have a company
We might have an Idea: Well they do have an idea
We might be able to make this vehicle: This one is right on as it stands. They might make the vehicle.
We might have a cost: Again this one is right on. They might have a cost. They don't have an exact cost because they have no production vehicle yet.

We Might have a delivery date: Another one that is right on. This is exactly what is happening now isn't it.
Now I would challenge you to tell me of any legitimate corporation that takes in money with so many "mights" and is successful without actually producing ANYTHING, Selling NOTHING. Making promises and not delivering.

Honestly It would not make it past the "Sharks"

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To all those who are frustrated with the progress with Elio Motors I apologize for my inability to understand your belief. You can't comprehend the struggles of a start up company and I can't understand your frustration with it. So I will keep my thoughts on this subject to myself. If I ruffled anyone's feathers, please accept my apology.

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To all those who are frustrated with the progress with Elio Motors I apologize for my inability to understand your belief. You can't comprehend the struggles of a start up company and I can't understand your frustration with it. So I will keep my thoughts on this subject to myself. If I ruffled anyone's feathers, please accept my apology.

Ruffled feathers, I was thinking more of a hearty amen, some people just
don't get it, do they Jake. Some will spend their lives with blinders on and
try as we might they won't let us help ease their pain. ;)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So Elio Motors should have said "we might have a company", "we might have an idea" "we might be able to make this vehicle", "we might have a cost and we might have a delivery date". Tell me any corporation or individual who starts a company that starts out with this mindset?

The world might end tomorrow so no one get frustrated, OK. That should solve all your problems.
Had Elio made those statements to the Caddo Parrish Commission there would have been no all-in $7.5 Million investment approval in EM's ability to provide the promised 1500 high paying manufacturing jobs.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ruffled feathers, I was thinking more of a hearty amen, some people just
don't get it, do they Jake. Some will spend their lives with blinders on and
try as we might they won't let us help ease their pain. ;)

It's not really any of our roles to "ease their pain" that's entirely in the hands of the individual. Though I think it's useful/human to understand others fears and pain, and be able to sit with our own discomfort in that process of creating understanding. That'll be 5cents please.

Now lets get back to sniffing out what's happening with that engine.
%E7%8B%97%E8%B7%9F%E8%B8%AA-10517578.jpg

mag44

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
LOL. Those water carriers must be getting tired by now. If the well goes dry what will they do.

As for sniffing on what happening with with the engine, don't yall trust the Crystal Ball Genius to pick up the phone and call each personally.

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I think you're onto something here. If people knew, in great detail, the reason for the delays, there would be a lot less negativity. I doubt most of us in this site have any idea of what goes into starting up a new company...being in the dark is the WORST place for a perspective customer to be, especially when that customer is waiting to purchase a product that is not yet being made...

Top Bottom