• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Facebook Comments

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I must admit that my confidence is waning! I am no longer "Sure" that I will be driving one in 2016. I will if they go on sale, but I have a feeling another postponement will be coming before 2016.

I wounder if my "reservation" is something I could leave my great great grand kids! They may really like this car. My oldest child is 7
The answer is yes- EM makes an exemption for estate transfer, I'd suggest a deposit on an E for each of your children, so they won't fight over the one!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To all those who are frustrated with the progress with Elio Motors I apologize for my inability to understand your belief. You can't comprehend the struggles of a start up company and I can't understand your frustration with it. So I will keep my thoughts on this subject to myself. If I ruffled anyone's feathers, please accept my apology.
"ruffled feathers" Is that a slight toward the "bird brains"- very clever, "flys" below the radar....

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hummm..... Ice Fishing, great idea..... wonder if a light weight, front wheel drive Elio, can haul an Ice Shack?
I don't care. I could be on Lake of the Woods for well under $20 round trip in fuel, and they'll have the shack warm and waiting for me.

Just need an E to get me there. Silverado is close to a c note for that run.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hummm..... Ice Fishing, great idea..... wonder if a light weight, front wheel drive Elio, can haul an Ice Shack?

Only a styrofoam igloo.

having driven on frozen Lake Poinsett in South Dakota and having towed a small boat with a front wheel drive vehicle, I suspect that with the right tires (ones with studs or chains), many would be surprised to see how well an Elio will pull a fishing shack on the flat surface of a frozen lake .... where it will have a problem will be in pulling off the lake, up the bank .... unless the bank has a very shallow slope, when the weight of the Elio transfers to the rear tire, the weight taken off the front wheels can reduce traction to where she'll sit an spin .... been there, done that trying to get a boat out of the lake on an unpaved ramp .... fortunately, there happened to be enough fellows standing around to help push ..

cortsdad2

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is a very small, but vocal, group of people who believe the world is falling over at EM. They are mainly the group who have been around for a while and have followed closely. While I can understand this groups frustration they do tend to act like kids as they should have known what they were getting into when they got in and should behave like adults about this instead of constantly crying about it. The facts are that most reservation holders do not follow along closely and nearly three quarters of the reservation holders have been with EM for less than a year and most only experienced their first announced delay last month.

I have been told, by one of EM's Facebook monitors who I have contact with, that EM has purposefully disengaged somewhat from the discussion on their Facebook page as marketing studies have shown that internet users have become savvy to the fact that negative comments are common and simply disregard them, anyone here read Youtube comments?, so this does not actually hurt nearly as much as some may think it does. By only responding in a targeted fashion this also does not feed the trolls who want this to happen as an excuse to push further.

Elio Motors frequently repeats information as they frequently see the same questions over and over again. It helps to consider the fact that new people are constantly being introduced to EM and they tend to ask many of the same questions again as well as need to be caught up on a lot of things we take for granted. There is also the fact that the vehicle and company are both still in development so it simply takes a good bit of time to develop new information which EM can share and feels is worth sharing.
I follow some of the Facebook pages and am impressed with the responses to selected posters. Elio's restraint is astounding! I am not always so patient with some of them... LOL!

Top Bottom