• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Facebook Comments

Mr Deleon

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I believe that the "Wait" would not be that big of a deal if Elio had said form the start that there may be delays along the way. I don't feel that it is child like at all to
I pose a question to the active negative Elio followers. Now that you have acknowledged your disapproval of the Elio project what is your rational for continuing your negativity?

Is your end game to turn more people to negative commentators ? Is it to close Elio Motors? So what's the next step Elio negative followers?

I think that for those that are feeling negative, the feelings are natural and honestly should be expected. If you have money down on a project thinking that they will deliver within a certain time frame and they do not, it is to be expected that it would cause some ill feelings.

Saying that those people are acting like "kids" is not only unproductive, but it insults those that are expressing their frustration with a company that set a deadline, pushed it back, set a new deadline, pushed it back again.

How is that acting like a kid? If you have an investment, be it money, or time or whatever, and they people that you expect to deliver don't, you too would be frustrated.
For example, if your cable company said that they would be at your home between 12 and 4 and they fail to show up and say we will be there tomorrow and they fail to show up and they say they will be there the next day, chances are you will not have confidence that they will show up. If you doubt that they will show up you are not acting like a "kid", you are merely seeing a pattern of behavior.

As far as this company being a "Start Up" and people saying that it all takes time and so forth. That is true it does. But then they should not get peoples hopes up with production dates at all. They should have said something to the affect of "In the next few years" or "maybe some day" in the future".

The problem with this is that if they did put that in their literature and ads they would not get as many people willing to put their money on a "maybe".

Their advertising dangles the carrot but then whips it away when you get to close to bite.
Kind of like the old bait and switch.

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe that the "Wait" would not be that big of a deal if Elio had said form the start that there may be delays along the way. I don't feel that it is child like at all to

I think that for those that are feeling negative, the feelings are natural and honestly should be expected. If you have money down on a project thinking that they will deliver within a certain time frame and they do not, it is to be expected that it would cause some ill feelings.

Saying that those people are acting like "kids" is not only unproductive, but it insults those that are expressing their frustration with a company that set a deadline, pushed it back, set a new deadline, pushed it back again.

How is that acting like a kid? If you have an investment, be it money, or time or whatever, and they people that you expect to deliver don't, you too would be frustrated.
For example, if your cable company said that they would be at your home between 12 and 4 and they fail to show up and say we will be there tomorrow and they fail to show up and they say they will be there the next day, chances are you will not have confidence that they will show up. If you doubt that they will show up you are not acting like a "kid", you are merely seeing a pattern of behavior.

As far as this company being a "Start Up" and people saying that it all takes time and so forth. That is true it does. But then they should not get peoples hopes up with production dates at all. They should have said something to the affect of "In the next few years" or "maybe some day" in the future".

The problem with this is that if they did put that in their literature and ads they would not get as many people willing to put their money on a "maybe".

Their advertising dangles the carrot but then whips it away when you get to close to bite.
Kind of like the old bait and switch.

That's why I've been saying all along that EM needs to do something to deal with this issue...what they need to do I have no clue, but like you said, when they keep dangling a carrot in front of people and then they keep pulling it away, eventually people are going to start getting frustrated, and rightly so...

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So Elio Motors should have said "we might have a company", "we might have an idea" "we might be able to make this vehicle", "we might have a cost and we might have a delivery date". Tell me any corporation or individual who starts a company that starts out with this mindset?

The world might end tomorrow so no one get frustrated, OK. That should solve all your problems.

Top Bottom