• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Erks Me To No End

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do like the additional $500.00 bonus to my deposit and a lower reservation #, but chancing $1,000.00 it not an easy decision. I'm not really cashed strapped, but I usually don't give away $1,000 either. I do agree with the concept and providing more jobs for America.

Jim H - a very interesting look at your reservation deposit. $1,000 worth of entertainment and educational value from new experiences.

I feel now, I will wait. Once I see the motor prototype on display and some hiring at the production plan I will reserve.

Thank you all for the warm welcomes and advice.
So go in for $500. Not quite as cool (or as early a car) as $1,000 will get you, but it's a compromise you can live with. If it looks like the car is going to happen, you can always up your reservation to $1,000 (though probably without the same sweetener).

eliothegreat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
? PE stated he can't build it? HOWEVER DID YOU GET THAT. please direct me to the quote
Here you go. Again, not now, not at 84mpg & $6800. The no funds to build it announcement came 9 days after this interview was published. Which also explains why he can't build it now, not at that price or mpg. Or in other words, paul said that he can't build it at any price or mpg by September 2015.

You're welcome.

http://carbuying.jalopnik.com/elios-ceo-explains-how-he-can-sell-an-84-mpg-car-for-6-1677743693

Tavarish: I've owned many scooters and have been around motorcycles for quite some time, and I understand that there are different technologies there, which does account for some of the price difference, for example aluminum frames and highly-strung miniaturized race engines on sports bikes. For the Elio, I think the claim is a little lofty. If you had said "This is going to be less than $10,000", it would be a little more palatable, but $6800 seems too good to be true.

Paul Elio: In all honesty, it's a stretch target. And at full disclosure, we're about $500 over budget today. If we went into production immediately, it would be 81 miles per gallon, and $7300. I don't view it as a failure, and we're working hard to hit our numbers because I think we have a decent shot of doing it. That number isn't made up, we have every single part that's required to make this vehicle, we have 87 percent quoted by part number and 98 percent by dollar value. So we can do this, I have the data to back it up.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rick, it's comments like that that make me question my communication skills. What you apparently received was not what I sent. I never said, and did not mean to imply that you had called anyone and idiot or a maniac. I was pointing out a perspective. I am sorry that you thought that I called you a name.

Again, we all tend to think that our point of view is correct, and in the center, because we can almost always find those with opinions on either side of ours.
Not a problem, it's likely my perspective. LOL My point initially was that listening to both pro and con sides keeps us centered. It's all speculative, even the information coming from EM. IMO I don't think for a minute that my point of view is correct, my opinion of EM and the odds of an Elio in our driveways changes daily, up, down. and back up. I hope for the funding and some forward movement to report.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Or in other words, paul said that he can't build it at any price or mpg by September 2015.

Paul Elio: In all honesty, it's a stretch target. And at full disclosure, we're about $500 over budget today. If we went into production immediately, it would be 81 miles per gallon, and $7300. I don't view it as a failure, and we're working hard to hit our numbers because I think we have a decent shot of doing it. That number isn't made up, we have every single part that's required to make this vehicle, we have 87 percent quoted by part number and 98 percent by dollar value. So we can do this, I have the data to back it up.

I've never read or heard him say that he can't build it at any price by Sept 2015 .... that may be your interpenetration but that isn't what he said .... they are still working the process which they believe will get them into production .... its interesting that you believe what he says in one sentence when you agree and totally discount what he says in the next when you disagree .... as with most all of your accusations, the day has yet to arrive when they can be confirmed or denied .... until shortly prior to the day they are ready to call folks so as to spec out their Elio, pricing can't be confirmed .... I believe their word that they are not quiet there on price and mileage .... I also believe it when they say they are still working on it .... if the cost and mpg turn out to $7,300 and 81 mpg the sky won't fall, the world won't end

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I might be wrong, but the $7300 is what at the time, it would cost. He never said that would be the selling price. only they have to work on it to get it down to the 6.8k
It's in E m"s best interest we all agree (I hope) that the three criteria that have powered this along will be met, even if it EM to lose money on the initial reservations. If after the reservations are closed, I can see, in the second year, if the need arises to increase the base price

Anderson Howard

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I might be wrong, but the $7300 is what at the time, it would cost. He never said that would be the selling price. only they have to work on it to get it down to the 6.8k
It's in E m"s best interest we all agree (I hope) that the three criteria that have powered this along will be met, even if it EM to lose money on the initial reservations. If after the reservations are closed, I can see, in the second year, if the need arises to increase the base price
Last night on Talk Radio Mr. Elio was on the program and was as positive towards the Elio production as He has always been.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When the discussion evolves around critera, I like to repost the criteria used in the intial Hello Elio Campaign back in '08. If it's close to these numbers he is successful in my opinion. Don't know why he raised the bar and if surpassing his original numbers he would have looked like a hero.
image.jpg

Dustman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do like the additional $500.00 bonus to my deposit and a lower reservation #, but chancing $1,000.00 it not an easy decision. I'm not really cashed strapped, but I usually don't give away $1,000 either. I do agree with the concept and providing more jobs for America.

Jim H - a very interesting look at your reservation deposit. $1,000 worth of entertainment and educational value from new experiences.

I feel now, I will wait. Once I see the motor prototype on display and some hiring at the production plan I will reserve.

Hello, & welcome!

Sounds like "would you do it all over again?" (Make a deposit) might be a good survey question...

I see that you have enough info for your decision - however, I will go ahead & give my two cents worth;

Based on everything we know at the moment, I would not recommend making a deposit. I did so to get a good place in line & support the company & a great concept. Now, with 40K people already in line, what do you gain? I would wait on positive development in (1) engine or (2) financing, with (2) being a priority. I don't think you will be shut out of being able to make a reservation should good news arrive on the horizon, although you might miss out on the bonus offer.

So sit back & enjoy the ride & hope for positive news from Elio - there needs to be some very soon, IMO, for there to be much of a chance for success.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Easy -go 1K WANT in(refundable)- your closer to a E than all the other "want ins" at less than 1k
where exactly w/o 1k all, no one now knows , the 1k all in gets you that information now
Now ( and the question is, for how long) can you upgrade to the 1k all in and get the 500 incentive
Folks forgot to mention, it's really not the total 1K - deduct the $300 dollar T, and figure the first generation bumper sticker, and now your looking at $650!!
Best of luck to us all!!

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Comptrex.
I'm hoping they reveal the engine soon, so it may persuade me to put down a reservation.
Personally, while the engine is a great thing for Elio, potentially US manufacturing, the major challenge facing Elio is getting capitalized for production. If I had low or even moderate risk tolerance, I'd wait until Elio announced they have the funds.

But that's not me.

Everyone has different tolerance for risk. When I saw the way Elio deftly moved past the suit last spring, even when it blew their whole time table, to me that spoke of a company that had a plan and some fight in them. It somewhat reminded me of the piss n vinegar that Apple had early on before it became a "thing". Though I still covet my iPhone 6 Plus.

Top Bottom