• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

roadtrippin2016

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Clearly, I'm missing something. I already gave Elio Motors $1000. What's this doing for me?
First off...with your $1,000.00 "All-In" shows you want the Elio and want the additional $500.00 bonus cash towards the purchase ! Now,...Secondly you are in support of the American Dream of a man by the name of Paul Elio, that has presented his dedication to bringing a $6800.00 transportation concept to market over the past nine years of hard work and discipline. Thirdly,...putting American people back to work has got to mean something...Made in America can be a viable slogan again. Sir, you are one of the fortunate ones that had the grit and financial resources to invest in a history making mode of transportation that WILL BE life changing for many people...including myself...Thank You very much for your reservation which to me is $1,000.00 closer to the Elio that I have dreamed of owning and driving during the last years of my life...it's a travel experience I did not think would be possible...but, the 84 m.p.g. highway fuel estimate means I'll be able to travel some even on my limited income...Thank you again sir for making many dreams possible...I'm just sayin"

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's what the uptick looks like on the chart. Tomorrow seems set to be even more interesting. It feels like 35m will happen inside 30days, or shorter if all the latest news releases make a little extra push. My guess is the SEC submission is taking this into account.
A-PlusProgram.png

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's what the uptick looks like on the chart. Tomorrow seems set to be even more interesting. It feels like 35m will happen inside 30days, or shorter if all the latest news releases make a little extra push. My guess is the SEC submission is taking this into account.
View attachment 6724
I think they said they're ending the test=the-water part this week, when they send off the formal application to SEC. Or do I have that wrong? Old age is getting to me...

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Equity Crowdfunding Filing with SEC to Take Place this Week

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, this week we will file with the SEC to seek authorization to offer shares based on the recent “testing the waters” phase of our equity crowdfunding effort. We’ve taken advantage of Regulation A+ of the Jumpstart Our Business Startup (JOBS) Act of 2012 to gauge the interest of those who might want to own a piece of Elio Motors.

It’s up to the SEC to make that final determination, but just looking at the final numbers, we’d say interest is definitively high. Our goal was to reach $25 million in non-binding expressions of interest. As of today, we’re at more than $30 million from approximately 8,200 people.

The next steps are for the SEC to review our filing. Those in the know estimate that it will take between 30 and 90 days for the SEC to provide comments on our submission. After that, we file an amended offering statement until the SEC is satisfied. This may take a few rounds of comments and filing of amended offering statements.

We’re hoping to receive authorization to make a formal stock offering a few weeks after that.

We are forging ahead and, as usual, will keep you posted as it happens.

Reaction score
I think they said they're ending the test=the-water part this week, when they send off the formal application to SEC. Or do I have that wrong? Old age is getting to me...
Try the second link I posted. IMO, I don't think they need to end the water test. They are going to file the non-public filing first and get response from SEC, Make corrections and re-file till they get it right. All the time they can continue the water test, All the way till they formally submit the final paperwork, which I believe will be available to us on the SEC web-page. A few weeks maybe up to 90 days later elio will get ... cross fingers .... the approval and they will contact us with IPO. Please correct me if I am wrong.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's timing of things that's making us all nervous. Exactly when will the E1-25 be done and tested and how does that affect full funding and ultimately production? All we know for sure is, all E1-25 will be built at the same time, and much testing completed before production actually starts. How much? We don't know that one. At least one test.

But before full funding, at least 75mpg must be demonstrated (probably). Which only requires a nearly complete P5.

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They are going to file the non-public filing first and get response from SEC, Make corrections and re-file till they get it right.

I have no idea how this works so this might sound kind of silly, but why not just get it right the first time? What is this stuff about having to file, make corrections, re-file, etc "until it's right"?

Top Bottom