• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I'm thinking this link needs to be put at the top of the forum in it's own thread (maybe even locked since it's reference material). I saved the pdf to my computer (home), but if I'm at another location, it might be handy to be able to access it quickly. How quickly do you suppose people will be pulling out phrases and twisting them into something unrelated to the statements intent? :rolleyes:

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I put a minimum number when I signed up. With the encouragement of my wife, I will more than likely end up tripling my pledge if allowed. Is anyone else in the same boat as I am? I wonder if the actual number will exceed the expectations.

I opted for 5k on the pledge. Once I read the fine print (as apparently a lot of folks didn't when the put their money down for a place in line), I'm willing to double that, possibly triple...four lay-offs made me one heck of a rainy day money stasher, and I'm well over the "piece of mind" amount I swore I'd always have on hand in case of another lay-off.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
cf.png

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking this link needs to be put at the top of the forum in it's own thread (maybe even locked since it's reference material). I saved the pdf to my computer (home), but if I'm at another location, it might be handy to be able to access it quickly. How quickly do you suppose people will be pulling out phrases and twisting them into something unrelated to the statements intent? :rolleyes:
I can already hear the complainers.....

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I opted for 5k on the pledge. Once I read the fine print (as apparently a lot of folks didn't when the put their money down for a place in line), I'm willing to double that, possibly triple...four lay-offs made me one heck of a rainy day money stasher, and I'm well over the "piece of mind" amount I swore I'd always have on hand in case of another lay-off.

Financial peace of mind or retirement planning is something one should never get over until it's really over. That's when you write the funeral home a check to cover final expenses............and it bounces.

Paul DeCrans

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
This part drew my attention

CAFE Credits. In 1975 in response to the Arab oil embargo, the U.S. Congress enacted Corporate Average Fuel Economy
(CAFE) standards in an effort to reduce U.S. dependence on foreign oil and save on fuel costs through the improvement of U.S.
automobile fuel efficiencies. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is responsible for administering the CAFE
program, which was amended in 2007 to establish a trading credit program to incentivize auto manufacturers to further improve vehicle
fuel efficiencies. Auto manufacturers may earn CAFE credits (or be penalized) by exceeding (or failing to meet) increasingly more
ambitious compliance standards for the model year of each passenger car or light duty truck produced. Accumulated CAFE credits are
transferable and saleable to other auto manufacturers and can be carried forward up to five years. Credits (or penalties) are totaled for
the manufacturer’s entire production fleet for a particular model year, and are applied at a rate of $55 per 1 mpg above (or below) the
standard. The CAFE standard has been amended to increase mpg for cars and light trucks to 48.7 to 49.7 mpg by 2025.
According to the estimated fuel economy of the Elio, it is expected that we could be well positioned to earn a substantial
number of credits, from which we could generate extensive future revenues through the sale and transfer of these credits to other auto
industry manufacturers. We have received indications from auto industry manufacturers that they would purchase our credits upon
confirmation that we can participate in the CAFE program. Currently, we do not qualify for participation in the CAFE program, since
the Elio is not an automobile. We have been working with members of Congress and with the former acting head of the NHTSA to
permit participation in the program by autocycles.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, John. I just went through it. Not many surprises. They go through money a bit faster than I thought they were though.

Here are my first takeaways:

Of the ATMV loan: As of January 15, 2015, we have received information from the Department of Energy that we have achieved the technical
criteria for the loan and that remaining due diligence is pending upon confirmation of our financial backing, which includes this offering.

On Production timeline: The Company plans to start production in the fourth quarter of 2016 at which time the machinery and equipment will be placed in service.
When they will be delivered: The Elio is in development, and we do not expect to start delivering to customers until the fourth quarter of 2016 at the earliest.

How many will they produce before Spot in Line # 00001 gets theirs: Incorporated into the launch is the plan that the first 125 vehicles produced

will not be sold, but utilized for internal purposes.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
NICE! Thanks, John! Looks like I've got some reading [483 pages] to do. Really appreciate the link.:thumb:
Really, the first 38 pages are all that you need to read. The audits follow that, the lease is in there, promotional emails, board member paragraphs, etc. The first 38 pages are the meat of the submission.

Top Bottom