• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Colorado

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess I won't be visiting any of you in the future. Living at 4500 elevation allmost killed me and I don't like having to be on oxygen. Two years of it was more than enough. I couldn't wait to get to a lower elevation. I like it here at 590 justs fine! :) Z
Then you have those like my wife who has a breathing disorder, she is fine as long as we are above 6500 feet, but drop below it and I had better have her shots close at hand. Makes it rough when our kids and grandkids are just a couple of hundred feet in Cal.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess I won't be visiting any of you in the future. Living at 4500 elevation allmost killed me and I don't like having to be on oxygen. Two years of it was more than enough. I couldn't wait to get to a lower elevation. I like it here at 590 justs fine! :) Z
WOW, Z. At an elevation of 590 feet, you're in the "nose bleed" zone.

Come on down here where we thrive at 30 feet. . . . . . . Unless Ya wanna be below sea level: you can find that in New Orleans, where they actually have pumps that keep the water OUT of the city. :eek:

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've driven up Pikes Peak three times, all before they paved it to the top.
The first trip, 1965 Rambler American, flathead six and three on the tree. Hated going up, loved the ride down. (except for the brake fade thing)
Second trip, 1967 "Cuda, 383, 4 spd. Loved it both ways!
The third trip, 1973 Yamaha 650, loved it!
Then, got Married and learned I was insane.. :eek:

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Nthawk68, sounds like a plan. Maybe a run up to Estes Park and RMNP, Pikes Peak, or OMG road. Actually scratch that last one, don't think I have the guts to do it. White knuckle rides are not my cup of tea!

I've been on OMG pass before! Idaho Springs to Central City, correct? Love that road. But agreed, I'll want to keep the Elio on paved roads for awhile. :-)

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I want to do the Grand Canyon someday but if I can't handle the gorge, what makes me think I can do the Canyon? ( To self: Chicken! :p Stop picking on me! If I go over, you go over! Remember that dummy! :confused:

The Grand Canyon is amazing and awe inspiring no matter what and you would be surprised what you could handle. For my 30th birthday my parents, my sister, my brother-in-law, and myself visited Las Vegas and even included some time on the West Rim of the Grand Canyon. My father and brother-in-law do not like heights at all so they did not get too close to the edge or opt for the Grand Canyon Skywalk, which is a glass floored horseshoe shaped structure which extends out over the canyon, however they still absolutely loved the our time there including the helicopter tour we took into and out of the canyon so we could ride a boat down the Colorado river inside the canyon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom