• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Colorado

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Dan, your 35-40 miles closer to the property than I am! Would have liked something closer (121 miles from my house) but after looking for the last several months at outrageous land prices, ($1,000 to 20,000 per acre) we jumped on this one, it was well below our price range, leaving us money for a well, electric, septic system, steel building (garage for the Elios) and a tiny house. About 30 miles East of Colorado Springs to Yoder and 5 miles south. So map out your ride and I'll let you know when we're heading down.;)

ks6c

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Dan, you're 35-40 miles closer to the property than I am! Would have liked something closer (121 miles from my house) but after looking for the last several months at outrageous land prices, ($1,000 to 20,000 per acre) we jumped on this one, it was well below our price range, leaving us money for a well, electric, septic system, steel building (garage for the Elios) and a tiny house. About 30 miles East of Colorado Springs to Yoder and 5 miles south. So map out your ride and I'll let you know when we're heading down.;)
Too true! Yoder's got a nice post office.....<grin> And I think that qualifies for out in the middle of nowhere <lol>

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Too true! Yoder's got a nice post office.....<grin> And I think that qualifies for out in the middle of nowhere <lol>
Out in the middle of no where is an understatement. Right now there are only 2 homes on the section. One about 1/2 mile west - 1/4 mile north of us and one 1/2-1 mile north 1/10 mile west (depends on where your standing on our property) There are two travel trailers parked little less than 1/4 mile East on the other side of the hill. Privacy will be no problem until the lot to the west of us is developed. They've owned it for 2 years and nothing's changed yet. We close on the 28th which is perfect cause the wife has 2 weeks vacation starting the 29th.;) Oh and Yoder does have a cute (meaning very small) post office.:rolleyes:

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The lot to the west of us just went up for sale. 35 acres for $20,000. If I had another $20,000 that wasn't already ear marked I'd buy that too.
Funny. My two acres is surrounded on three sides by an 8 acre property that just went up for sale. $190,000!!!! :eek:
I'd have to dig really deep to make that happen...:(

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Funny. My two acres is surrounded on three sides by an 8 acre property that just went up for sale. $190,000!!!! :eek:
I'd have to dig really deep to make that happen...:(
The average going price on 2 acres with nothing on it, is about $45,000. 5-20 acres $5,000-$15,000 per acre depending on how close to a city it is. 35 acres or more run in the $1,000-$2,500 range per acre, again dending on how far from a city. At just over $500 an acre I jumped on the one I purchased. Its 37 miles to the property from Colorado Springs. Easy drive in the Elio and less than a gallon for a round trip!;)

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm back! We closed on the property on Friday the 28th and had planned on spending the next 2 weeks camping out and start the clean up of the water hole, however on Sunday morning (the 30th) my mom called and my Aunt/Godmother passed away. So plans changed and I made a quick trip back to Fargo-Moorhead for her funeral. Tuesday met with a pole barn builder. They want way to much money, need to find a cheeper builder. Wednesday 13.5 hours on the road (personal best time). Thursday was my Aunts funeral and saw some cousins I haven't seen in 20 years. Friday (4th) I took my Mom, BFF and her Mom to lunch and then a visit to a cousin in rehabilitation (my age) who had a stroke 6 weeks before. Saturday 13.75 hours on the road but made it home before dark.

We finally got down to the property on Friday the 11th and set up camp. Saturday we started on the water hole (which is now dry) and moved tires, wood, dryer, stove, 4 bicycles, dozens of rusted paint cans, bottles, basketball hoop stand, fence posts and barbed wire from the center of the hole and filled 6 large bags of cow bones. Filled the trailer but it was to late to go to the dump. We haven't made a dent in what's there! We had a late lunch, took a nap, walked the property line, Roughly 1.15 miles give or take a few steps. We had dinner and watched the night sky. It's amazing what you miss in the sky living in the city. It was a clear night and we could pick out several of the constellations.

Our 2 neighbors to the east and one to the North have started putting up fences, which means we don't have that expense. We will only have to fence in the west side. Of course the person who buys the acreage to the west of us could fence it in, which means we could get the whole 35 acres fenced in for nothing. I really like saving money that way! More later.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Made it down to the "ranch" again last weekend. We took our first load of mostly cow bones to the dump. We spent the day picking up junk and moving it around, several piles of wood, tires and scrap metal. We now have a clear path down to the dry water hole. No more tripping over cow bones, on our way down. We were going to burn more wood but there is a burning ban in the county. Looks like we may have to wait till spring. No rain in sight for at least the next week.
We have a friend, who is an artist and brought back 6 cow skulls for him to paint. More later

Top Bottom