• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio. Car With A Hernia.

skychief

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So it technically will still be in the same spot, just not have the separate piece to cover it; and they can indent the frame to fit it closer in.
Now that makes sense. But wouldn't that put more heat into the cabin?
At this point we can only speculate on how EM will run the exhaust. They can easily overcome an unwanted heating issue by insulating the tailpipe with some lightweight insulation.
Or they could simply wrap it in that exhaust-wrap tape! I wrapped the pipes on my Harley, and the stuff is very effective in reducing the radiant heat off the exhaust.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So it technically will still be in the same spot, just not have the separate piece to cover it; and they can indent the frame to fit it closer in.
Now that makes sense. But wouldn't that put more heat into the cabin?

And the gas filler to the other side, that really never mattered to me either way; R side, L side, behind a taillight, on the roof, doesn't really make that much difference as long as it's easy to get to.
Probably less heat in cabin imo. The enclosed hernia had nowhere for the heat to go, so it would have heated all sides of the enclosure equally. An open exhaust is what you see on most everything, this enables heat to escape, and with heat shields, almost all heat can directed to outside air.
http://www.ftexploring.com/enrgypics2/bluchair16.gif
I like the idea of the gas filler on door side, it is away from the exaust, and my shoes stay cleaner when I don't walk around at the gas station.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Probably less heat in cabin imo. The enclosed hernia had nowhere for the heat to go, so it would have heated all sides of the enclosure equally. An open exhaust is what you see on most everything, this enables heat to escape, and with heat shields, almost all heat can directed to outside air.
http://www.ftexploring.com/enrgypics2/bluchair16.gif
I like the idea of the gas filler on door side, it is away from the exaust, and my shoes stay cleaner when I don't walk around at the gas station.

awww.morgan_motor.co.uk_wp_content_uploads_2016_01_heritage3wh11.jpg

Top Bottom