• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Audio

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
More than a 6 by 9 like to see a standard round 6.5 ...or even 5.5
That way a component set up could be fitted. Plenty of room in storage spot for a single 8 or 10.
Two way stage up front, 8 or 10 in storge.
Use small class d amps....
Fit a Pioneer DEH-80PRS in the single din spot. Or what ever its called when the elio is sold.
Takes up very little space and sounds great. Acitve two way front stage plus sub. Time alinment. And auto eq.
Used this same idea in my last two cars.
Not at all about the bump. About sound quality.
A must have for me in a daily driver.
Indeed Harlan. 100% agree! Quality over quantity any day. In my younger days, I had both. Now, I don't care if the next guy's system pushes more decibles than mine. I just want high quality sound in MY car only. Maybe a surround system in the Elio? What do you think?

harlan stephens

Elio Addict
Reaction score
More like .....
Hyrid audio LEGATIA Or scanspeak Revalator.
Just raw drivers, thats whats cool about active crossovers.
Currently running
Hat l6 mids, $$$$ expensive and worth every cent. Drums sound as they should. Tom toms just plain sound real....yummy
Vifa XT Dual Ring Radiator Tweeter a sweet low cost tweeter. Cymbals are spot on...reaches way beyond human hearing and great value.
And cheep polk 10s for low end duty. However the math was done the box is correct... the kick drum sounds both real and tight...hate flabby uncontrolled bass as well.

I am used to sitting at a mixing board with nearfields that are super accurate.

Bose....no way. lol

Last edited:

Anion

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
More like .....
Hyrid audio LEGATIA Or scanspeaB-) k Revalator.
Just raw drivers, thats whats cool about active crossovers.
Currently running
Hat l6 mids, $$$$ expensive and worth every cent. Drums sound as they should. Tom toms just plain sound real....yummy
Vifa XT Dual Ring Radiator Tweeter a sweet low cost tweeter. Cymbals are spot on...reaches way beyond human hearing and great value.
And cheep polk 10s for low end duty. However the math was done the box is correct... the kick drum sounds both real and tight...hate flabby uncontrolled bass as well.

I am used to sitting at a mixing board with nearfields that are super accurate.

Bose....no way. lol

Sounds like I will need to have you design my sound system to match yours when we get our Elio's!

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like I will need to have you design my sound system to match yours when we get our Elio's!
Exactly what I was thinking. Harlan is WAY over my head in anything audio. I haven't heard of most the things he's talking about. How about it Harlan? Once Elios come out, maybe design a few different grades of audio systems for it? From low end (but still high quality) to something that will bounce quarters off the roof when "thumping" (not interested in that myself).:D

harlan stephens

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sure love to do that kind of stuff...
Its just sad to me that head units now adays in the usa have gone way down hill sound quality wise.
Its all about dvd, nav, backup cams...your phone....ect lots of that . And that all these things are what I call heads down displays.
I just want music and for it to sound great.

The car not the best place for sq audio.
The elio has some things going for it though.
Center seating. ..this one is big your center stage....with out using a bunch of time alignment to fix it.
Its small...
Will take less power to get loud.
So less power,smaller amps, less draw on alternator. Not that d class amps draw much anyway. But...space will be a challenge....
Also will take less frequency down low get low tones due to cabin gain.
Think you could sound great with little money here...

If anyone sees the prototype I sure would like to know about the stock speaker locations and size..

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wish I knew the sound system used on my '14 Grand Prix. It's the best of any car I've owned & sounds especially great playing Jazz.
Probably a Monsoon sound system with the Pontiac Grand Prix Audio Brand Speakers.
Blues followed by Jazz for me with a periodic hit of Rock & Roll!

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sure love to do that kind of stuff...
Its just sad to me that head units now adays in the usa have gone way down hill sound quality wise.
Its all about dvd, nav, backup cams...your phone....ect lots of that . And that all these things are what I call heads down displays.
I just want music and for it to sound great.

The car not the best place for sq audio.
The elio has some things going for it though.
Center seating. ..this one is big your center stage....with out using a bunch of time alignment to fix it.
Its small...
Will take less power to get loud.
So less power,smaller amps, less draw on alternator. Not that d class amps draw much anyway. But...space will be a challenge....
Also will take less frequency down low get low tones due to cabin gain.
Think you could sound great with little money here...

If anyone sees the prototype I sure would like to know about the stock speaker locations and size..
From what I've heard, the Elio will have two speakers in the dash (on top). I really can't imagine more than a 4''-6'' speaker there. Maybe smaller. Might be a good location for mids. I'm a 6X9 guy(lots of bang for the buck), but 6-1/2'' high quality speakers may suite the Elio. Either way, I'd say shallow mount speakers will be a must.

Top Bottom