• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elgin Poll Reality Check

How much extra if at all would you pay for different instruments

• Nothing. OK as is.

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • Up to $300

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Up to $600

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Up to $900

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Up to $1200

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over $1200

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lynn D

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll go dig and see if I can find it.
Skychief, if you look in my sig line, you see the "Coss'd Cluster"
I have come up with a replacement and I'll be sending out more info on it in a few months along with pictures, pricing and options.
If you're interested, send me a PM with your screen name, real name, email address and phone number and I'll add you to the list.
Cross I am also interested in your Cross'd Cluster. May I do the same?

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are relatively new to this website. There was an earlier thread dedicated to the elgin gauges and it had over 100 pages to it. People overwhelmingly disliked it. That is how disliked it is. Alas, I can not find that thread. Perhaps someone else can. I always found it amusing that one person described it as an abomination.

Please check out the poll at the top of the page. Sure, small sampling, but...:rolleyes:
:D

Eliosio

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
My hatred for the Elgin dash has nothing to do with style and everything to do with practicality -- if I wear my distance glasses while driving, I cannot read the dash numbers, but I can easily see where needles point.

I can usually get by without reading the speedo, since surrounding traffic provides plenty of clues, and sound provides a good enough clue for shifting, but if the dash is unreadable, I'd rather have no dash.

I will absolutely look into replacing the damned thing, even if I have to rely on a tablet with an ODB II connector. It is just wasted scrap metal for my purposes.
If the Elgin dash is the little saucer plates with small holes chipped out to show small numbers through, then I'm with you. I HATE the instrument gauges and unless Elio provides every driver with bi-focals, they are worthless. Free app for smart phones gives you a digital speedometer that can even project onto the windshield as a heads-up display.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I only see 25 people who don't like the Lord Elgin Dash out of 3,649 members on this forum. That isn't even 1%. I think it's unfair to say "Most people don't like it."

Even if you just use the people who took the poll, most people say it's okay as is. All of us should be careful to not spread our own feelings as what "everybody" or "most people". Come on, man!

acamara

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I only see 25 people who don't like the Lord Elgin Dash out of 3,649 members on this forum. That isn't even 1%. I think it's unfair to say "Most people don't like it."

Even if you just use the people who took the poll, most people say it's okay as is. All of us should be careful to not spread our own feelings as what "everybody" or "most people". Come on, man!
Unfortunately the Poll was closed May 25, 2015.

I believe you would find the % much higher for different options if the poll were to be re-opened.

Only 52 Members voted in this poll before it was closed

Of the 52 that voted 37 were happy with gauges but 25 of the 52 were not

Editted date to May 25, 2015

Last edited:

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately the Poll was closed Mar 25, 2015.

I believe you would find the % much higher for different options if the poll were to be re-opened.

Only 52 Members voted in this poll before it was closed

Of the 52 that voted 37 were happy with gauges but 25 of the 52 were not

Now that's a pretty good trick! :eek: Closing a poll a month before it was posted! :twitch:

:D

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since I posted the original poll I think it is only reasonable that I inject the original logic.
At the time many people were complaining about the Elgin instruments.
It's easy to complain if you can get what you want for free.
This poll asked people to quantify how much they would pay for different instruments.
Logic?
If you are not willing to pay anything it must not be a big issue to you.

Lynn D

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since I posted the original poll I think it is only reasonable that I inject the original logic.
At the time many people were complaining about the Elgin instruments.
It's easy to complain if you can get what you want for free.
This poll asked people to quantify how much they would pay for different instruments.
Logic?
If you are not willing to pay anything it must not be a big issue to you.
Great logic! This means I can expect to see in the launch configurator an option for a different dash for my build when it is my turn to actually build.

Top Bottom