• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Easy In/easy Out?

Oldfarmer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone actually gotten in and out of one?
My '97 Civic is like getting in and out of a go-kart.
I remember, years ago, on "Car Talk" (Klick&Klack), a survey said the then new VW bug was the easiest car for obese people to access because the door opened wider than average. (not that I'm obese)

Critter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I remember, years ago, on "Car Talk" (Klick&Klack), a survey said the then new VW bug was the easiest car for obese people to access because the door opened wider than average. (not that I'm obese)

check under march Elio events, when Elio was in Knoxville, I tried it out and posted pictures. The door is nice and wide was easy to get in and out of. I am way over weight and had no problems.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver

I've read through lots of personal accounts of people sitting in the vehicle, and they are always surprised at the amount of room. That may be a slightly different issue than getting in and out of the vehicle. The ground clearance is supposed to be similar to a Ford Mustang. But in all the personal accounts that I've read, no one complained about getting in and out of it. :-)

Injunjoe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As seen in my avatar, I drive a Geo Metro. Getting in and out is hard, as one sits lower than the knees in relation to the ground. Friends have said corvettes are also like that. I hope my new Elio is not like that!

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, for those that are old and feeble (like me) will a lift kit be an option to help one get in and out.

1df297c32a188d43bd2c37197ae273fe.jpg

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had no problems nor the wife but we're 5'2" and 5'5". You do have to duck low getting in the back but that is being addressed in the P-5. There were some tall people getting in and out who seemed to have no problems. It does sit low but I think it gives you that sports car feel! Lots of room in the front seat, rear seat was not very comfortable but it's not the one that will be in the production vehicle so we were told. If you get the chance to see one and sit in it, you will be very surprised!

Top Bottom