• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

E1c Unveiled

TheAsterisk!

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Relevant to your video's comments around 5:40 or so, I really hope they don't cover up things in the engine compartment, or add a shroud or anything like that. Everything is made much easier when you can look and almost immediately see what's going on. It's just simpler, if you're not truly a car enthusiast and yet have some measure of mechanical or engineering aptitude, to be able to gaze upon the whole affair directly, with everything laid bare.

People that want an Apple Computer-esque gadget and aesthetic are my perfect nemeses in this matter. (:-\)

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The cone filter alone for the intake will have much more intake honk than your standard flat paper filter in an airbox. I would be surprised if it stays like that for the NVH increase alone. A lot of times when "car guys" change out the stock airbox for a "cone on a stick" warm air intake they only get more intake noise that sounds more powerful but not actually gain any power. It was very noticeable when I did it in my 2006 Kia Rio. At least it sounded sporty ;)

Top Bottom