• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

E1 Photos!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 10663
My favorite is the P1. I have been told the P2 was built on top of it.
The P1 picture shows even more how far EM has come.
Edit: I think they should separate the P2 into two displays. The original P1, which is the most dramatic and interesting, and the P2 body shell and interior.
Oh, lordy this is an old thread. K, so be it.
It always was an issue to me, why did they have to do the P1? I'd have just gone to the P2. But I've been a member of the 3 wheel club a long time and I already knew that a front-wheel-drive-reverse-trike would work very well indeed.
But Paul is very pragmatic and validation at each step is useful to convince others.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, lordy this is an old thread. K, so be it.
It always was an issue to me, why did they have to do the P1? I'd have just gone to the P2. But I've been a member of the 3 wheel club a long time and I already knew that a front-wheel-drive-reverse-trike would work very well indeed.
But Paul is very pragmatic and validation at each step is useful to convince others.
Wasn't the P1 "Proof of Concept" mule? And they had to modify a lot of the P1 to make the P2; so it's not just a matter of taking the body off of it.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wasn't the P1 "Proof of Concept" mule? And they had to modify a lot of the P1 to make the P2; so it's not just a matter of taking the body off of it.
Exactly, a proof of concept. But that's my point, it was proof needed for those with no 3 wheel research behind them.
Of course, I had to do my own first vehicle before I had any research behind me.
Admittedly this is silly nitty picky of me even to make the point.

Top Bottom