• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Doubts...to Buy Or Not To Buy...

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some people are the type that would join a Harley bike club, show up with a Suzuki, tell everyone else they ride a sh-t bike or made a wrong choice and then cry when everyone in the club is a bully and beats up on them. In reality, they would not last as a member.

People like this only last on a forum through the grace of the forum owner. If there is people fighting and not getting along for ever and ever, it's because that's the way the forum owner wants it.JMO:)

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some people are the type that would join a Harley bike club, show up with a Suzuki, tell everyone else they ride a sh-t bike or made a wrong choice and then cry when everyone in the club is a bully and beats up on them. In reality, they would not last as a member.

People like this only last on a forum through the grace of the forum owner. If there is people fighting and not getting along for ever and ever, it's because that's the way the forum owner wants it.JMO:)

Kind of like a soap opera.:D

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"What if" California Chrome had the name Louisiana Lead, would he have won the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness? Triple Crown?

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good stuff folks, a lot to think about..right? But what is the bottom line.?..what will make the Elio successful and make everyone happy.? Want to really know? The bottom line is the PRICE of the Elio the month before it rolls off the assembly line about 15 months from now. The day YOU get the options list and the person on the other line tells you YOUR ELIO will cost any where between $8500 and $9850 plus any state and local fees. That day is the day you have to decide to say yes... or say that is way more than the $6800 on the ads. If you are at a showroom and the "lot lizard" says to you after the PRESENTATION and the TEST DRIVE and the WORK SHEET and the CREDIT APP., This is the price of your elio, mr. and mrs. buyer...and I can get it ordered right away, SIGN HERE...and I will take you to my finance manager ( might even be Jerome) who will explain to you the final price with tax, license and doc fees and your payment for xxxx months.. That, my elio friends, is the moment of truth for most of you...*
(* god, I would love the chance to be the salesman for some of you and get an extra couple of grand for Mr. Elio and Elio Motors just through financing your Elio cause as a LOT LIZARD I do like the feeling of sun on my belly and YOUR CASH in my pocket)

(oh come on, .................................just teasing you folks...)

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's odd that most of the folks I see driving around in a Kia Soul are older, rather than younger. Maybe it's style or price (those things are almost the price of a CAR) - but despite the attempts to be trendy in the ads, I think it's the cute hamsters . . . . :p
No, what got most people into the Kia Soul was the hamster commercials.

Debbie Bruce

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Do you ride a Suzuki ? Sounds like you had a terrible experience !

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am defending no one here, so hear me out, please. I, too have been a moderator of a forum

"First, an enthusiast site . . ." (pulled from beginning of second sentence in the second paragraph of post #6)

Sorry, I had to snip this, as on many posts throught, "apparent conference calls with the company," this and that, and those who have those "apparent conference calls" call themselves "afficianados." Really? YOU had a conference call with Elio? Where is the number, so I can call?

Hmm, I am sure their are many "afficianados" who "aspire" to be this or that. My problem is this: where are you getting all your information, as I read and have found more information on eliomotors.com and eliowordpress.com. Are you making these up, pulling them out of your ear, what? I know that other posts have made their way in here from media sites, as well. For instance, plant information, the formar plant manager of Chrysler back in 1996 (whom both of my uncles at Chrysler had worked for, and knew personally. I could have gotten REAL information on/about him, but no one asked) who now works for Elio.

As a matter of fact, I am sure that those who study the "science" behind "Star Trek," "Start Wars," and other science FICTION "aspire" to be great something-or-others. However, they spend their time, "studying" this fiction, instead of pursuing fact and using their creative minds.

I mean, I can peruse the 'net, look up "facts," actually write what I want, but if there is nothing concrete to back it up, then it is pure speculation/guestimation/conjecture/"leading the witness, your honor!"

Don't blow smoke, if you don't know, you don't know. Just simply say what so many others have said, "We'll have to wait and see."

Top Bottom