• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Delaying Car Purchase?

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, but both businesses and thousands of jobs were saved by the bailout helping to create a more stabile economy on mainstreets across the country that worried about losing their GM and Chrysler dealerships.
Unless they were owned by Republicans

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No ELIO this year or next. So I am sitting here ordering a side car. It will go on our Fatboy Softail. I have not had a side car in a long time this should be fun. It will be modified to carry a wheel chair for a grandchild

Inigo93

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I already delayed the purchase for a year. I won't be delaying it any further. New bike purchase to happen within the next 2-3 months.

Didn't make it 2-3 months. Today my truck died. Well, it didn't *DIE* but it needs work (read: dumped contents of radiator on the ground today) and the mechanic didn't have an opening for another week. Didn't want to be without wheels for a week+ and I was already planning on buying a new bike this summer....

....So today I bought a new (to me) bike. Nothing special. Quite the opposite. A 2007 Honda Rebel (250 cc), with 2030 miles on it. Should get 60+ mpg and do everything I need it to do as far as commuting goes.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll be making my decision in August, if another delay is announced I'm giving up and buying a Ford Fiesta, otherwise I'll wait.
Just bought a new 2015 Ford Fiesta SE for $13,900 including taxes etc. and will be delivered on Labor Day :)

My Grand Prix window motor broke the same week as I hit 150k miles and my tires are nearing bald, fixing everything would have cost more than the value of the car itself.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm so glad I do all the work on my cars; the savings in labor makes all the difference in the world.
Even the parts cost more than the car is worth :p

When I went online and put in the VIN and various damages, car was only worth $253, I could have gotten more from a junkyard.

Last edited:

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Even the parts cost more than the car is worth :p

When I went online and put in the VIN and various damages, car was only worth $253, I could have gotten more from a junkyard.
2014_Ford_Fiesta_5dr_02-TrueCar_Pricing.jpg

Posting this since I got a couple message from people curious as to what it looks like.

Top Bottom