• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Defending The Elio

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can relate, my brother has never driven to work in a vehicle that was paid for. Every time one got close, it was time to trade it in. He bought a new Dodge Ram pickup when they first came out, got the automatic tranny so his wife could drive it, after some time he realized his wife wasn't going to be driving it, so he tried to trade it in for one with a five speed but found out he was 'upside down' so had to wait and make payments for a couple more years to trade it in on another brand new one and start making payments all over again. The last car I financed was in 1974 (two years out of high school). I don't borrow money on a depreceating asset and I will be paying cash for my Elio.
God Bless your brother, it's guys like him keep our economy afloat!!

EastCoastCentralFla

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I can relate, my brother has never driven to work in a vehicle that was paid for. Every time one got close, it was time to trade it in. He bought a new Dodge Ram pickup when they first came out, got the automatic tranny so his wife could drive it, after some time he realized his wife wasn't going to be driving it, so he tried to trade it in for one with a five speed but found out he was 'upside down' so had to wait and make payments for a couple more years to trade it in on another brand new one and start making payments all over again. The last car I financed was in 1974 (two years out of high school). I don't borrow money on a depreceating asset and I will be paying cash for my Elio.
Ross I can SO relate! My one and only brother drives a Dodge Ram and his wife runs the Jeep Cherokee. I'm dropping cash on my Elio as well. The back up camera and electronic dials don't sway me. Keeping it pretty basic, although I am toying with a glass roof. I've never had one and have always wanted one.

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ross I can SO relate! My one and only brother drives a Dodge Ram and his wife runs the Jeep Cherokee. I'm dropping cash on my Elio as well. The back up camera and electronic dials don't sway me. Keeping it pretty basic, although I am toying with a glass roof. I've never had one and have always wanted one.
The wife has a glass roof on her Impala and we never use it (too noisy) I do want cruise control, heated leather memory seats, would rather have a heated steering wheel but I've never seen or heard of one. Get in a vehicle parked outside when it's below zero degrees and my hands get cold for the first 10 miles or so until the vehicle warms up enough so the dash vents can blow warm air on my hands. Try leaving gloves in the car to wear, guess what? They're cold too. I also want fog lights and a rear seat DVD player for my wife who will be spending a lot of time back there.

Edward43

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The wife has a glass roof on her Impala and we never use it (too noisy) I do want cruise control, heated leather memory seats, would rather have a heated steering wheel but I've never seen or heard of one. Get in a vehicle parked outside when it's below zero degrees and my hands get cold for the first 10 miles or so until the vehicle warms up enough so the dash vents can blow warm air on my hands. Try leaving gloves in the car to wear, guess what? They're cold too. I also want fog lights and a rear seat DVD player for my wife who will be spending a lot of time back there.
I learned long ago to keep politics and religion out of Thanksgiving holiday family discussions.........the Elio a fun topic.

Happy Holidays everybody!
I have been able to inspire one brother to go all in as I have, and no religion or politics on Turkey day. We boot-up the IPad and pass it around with all the Elio photos, and we hope to show the real thing next Turkey day. Happy Holidays!

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
The solution I use: I have different coats for different weather conditions, in each I have a pair of gloves suited for that temperature range (and hats). Thus, if it is cold enough to wear a coat, I have gloves.

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most of my family I have told about is interested, even if it doesn't suit their needs or wants. On the political side, it is bringing manufacturing jobs to the US. But right now, the Elio is the only new car I can afford so it's either that or a used compact car. Every time I drive a long distance, I calculate how much gas I would use in an Elio and am amazed every time. Combine that with the $2.75/ gallon gas we have now and you have a real winner. Most of my family is amazed that I can drive to Baltimore for $2.50 round trip :)

Top Bottom