• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Coronavirus Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not exactly coronavirus, but I am working today in the plant (no production) and it's nice and quiet. Walking through the plant I noticed a snake. Small, about 12" long, my initial thought s were that it was a rubber snake to prank first shift on Monday. Nope. It moved. We ended up cutting off it's head and putting in a bucket. It definitely was not common to this area as we mostly have "friendly" black snakes. Looks like a baby rattlesnake. Just across the street are apartments with kids. Safety first. Took the bucket next door to show the Fire Chief so he is aware of the situation.

Snake.jpg

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One explanation for the AZ (and maybe other states’) recent ‘spikes’ per the Arizona State Health Director:

”The ER patients are coming in, as the Arizona state health director, Dr. Cara Christ, said, because of the bottleneck of much-needed care and serious ailments that were ignored during the lockdown. All but the few who actually came to the ER because of COVID-19 symptoms likely never knew they had it. This is why we are not seeing a big spike of deaths in any of the states where the media is warning about an increase in detected cases.“

FWIW, there’s quite a bit of information within Dr. Christ’s statement. Thinking people should be able to discern it on their own: the MSM simply says “Cases are up!” and then ‘journalists’ and ‘news reporters’ give us their heavily biased opinions.

Last edited:

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting update to the ‘surge’ in CV cases:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...-states-isnt-part-of-a-second-wave-2020-06-15

Also, likely more pertinent to Arizona and Texas in particular, there seem to be a surge in cases coming over the border.

This article alludes to that:

https://www.borderreport.com/top-stories/covid-19-cases-spike-throughout-south-texas-border-region/

FWIW, I’m working on an article that I post under a ‘nom de plume’ on a popular news website where I’ve interviewed a number of ‘Senior Living’ (incl, Nursing Homes, Assisted Living, Hospice, and Dementia Care Centers). The crux of my article is that a great majority of these workers work often at two separate facilities (some three!) because their hours are limited to below 30 per week typically. They also cannot work at facilities that share ownership. There is a sort of ‘sub-organization’ where the same workers, often Caribbean and African, essentially replace one another throughout the local ‘health care industry.’ I am looking for an objective way to measure and communicate their attention to established health care standards and practices, and how their morale is affected by this situation. It would be great if I could correlate outbreaks with the migration between facilities but there is, of course, no record or overlying ‘authority,’ this effort is even further complicated by a few workers alluding to using different names and ‘credentials’ for different facilities. Optimally, I’d like to get info, (even anecdotal) from the professional workers such as RN’s and LPN’s s on the ramifications within their industry and their subsequent image.

My feeling is that this is a mostly a ‘big city’ and suburban phenomenon and aligns closely to the clusters of CV we are seeing in ‘nursing homes.’

Last edited:

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well things are getting worse around here. The nursing home my 96 year old mother is in has some cases now. About a week ago they said one person in the nursing staff had it, then another. I asked my mom if everyone coming into her room was wearing a mask, and she said sometimes, sometimes not. I complained to the Assisted Care Director, and she said she would talk with all the staff because that was unacceptable. My mom is on the second floor. On the fourth floor are the Alzheimer's patients. Just heard there were four cases up there. Yesterday they started testing all the staff and residences. My mom was tested by the AL Director herself. Expect results next week. So far my mom is feeling fine. They were starting to allow limited visitations outside, but cancelled it when so many cases came up.

Then there is the Dole plant in Springfield, about seven miles from where I work. They just tested all 829 employees last Saturday and there are over 200 positive with covid-19. They had their first case back in April, but the general attitude around Springfield is that it isn't around here. Too late now. It is definitely here.

I still ware a mask in public, and I get looks like I'm a fool. Perhaps. But I would rather live with the thought that others think I'm a fool, than to wonder the rest of my life if I may have contributed to someone's death without even trying to prevent it.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good luck to your mom... and to her fellow ‘tenants.’ Being mostly inside and ‘quarantined’ without any control of one’s contacts and ‘caregivers’ who necessarily have to get very close, has got to be frustrating.

I wish her and you the best....

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Made in USA, Good on you! As a fellow masked man I feel if everybody shared your thoughtful concern and followed the medical professionals simple precautionary measures to protect the ‘community’, we would all be in a much better place. Sounds like you are taking very good care of your mom! I hope for a good outcome.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I went to a funeral last week for a wonderful woman who belonged to my family's church back home. Other than me in my N-95, almost no-one was wearing a mask. We were packed in like sardines. Lots of hugging going on. My niece went to one of her local protests in her home state a few days before that and I was around her plus my sister (her mom) and my brother for a while. Two days ago I started getting the symptoms of an oncoming cold along with fatigue and very slight shortness of breath. Temperature is up a little over a degree at 97.9. My normal is 96.4. Taking extra C, D, Zinc, copper, pomegranate extract, melatonin and selenium along with my normal supplements and meds. I cancelled the yearly with my heart doctor that was supposed to be Tuesday and will be back in self imposed lock-down for a couple of weeks. Nothing has taken a good hold yet, but I've still got early symptoms of something. Hopefully it's just a cold.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I went to a funeral last week for a wonderful woman who belonged to my family's church back home. Other than me in my N-95, almost no-one was wearing a mask. We were packed in like sardines. Lots of hugging. My niece went to one of her local protests in her home state a few days before that and I was around her plus my sister (her mom) and my brother for a while. Two days ago I started getting the symptoms of an oncoming cold along with fatigue and very slight shortness of breath. Temperature is up a little over a degree at 97.9. My normal is 96.4. Taking extra C, D, Zinc, copper, pomegranate extract, melatonin and selenium along with my normal supplements and meds. I cancelled the yearly with my heart doctor that was supposed to be Tuesday and will be back in self imposed lock-down for a couple of weeks. Nothing has taken a good hold yet, but I've still got early symptoms of something. Hopefully it's just a cold.
Keep us informed my fellow mask wearing, three wheelin friend! Testing available in your neck of the woods?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Really, it's nothing to fool around with, I went out today, have a mask, and half the people in stores and places I went have masks, half don't. One guy I saw had a mask, hanging off his ear! Geezz people if you don't care about yourself, care about people you come into contact with.
The funny part is, most of the people I see without masks, are older males. What does it take to get through to you?
There is no winning, there is only survival. I'll be so glad when this passes and they have a vaccine, I will be in line to get that shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom