• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Are You Completely Happy With The Design Of Elio?

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My point was that it could have been designed that way from the very beginning.

That brings up the old (said with an old world Jewish accent)
"And if your mother had balls she could have been your father"
(From Coming to America. Eddie Murphy)
But it wasn't and she doesn't.

PS: Nothing personal!

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That brings up the old (said with an old world Jewish accent)
"And if your mother had balls she could have been your father"
(From Coming to America. Eddie Murphy)
But it wasn't and she doesn't.

PS: Nothing personal!

My favorite: "If we had some ham, we could have ham and eggs, if we had some eggs"

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In a similar vein, I am surprised that the rear wheel opening is on the left side. It could have just as easily been on the right side, and safer when on the side of the road fixing a flat.
I think it had something to do with Feng Shui, or the Dao of Mandalas, or something like that...

Or maybe it was something simple like, if the opening were on the right side you'd need a left-handed mechanic to work on it.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It seems likely that weight balance might be one of the considerations. The door side will carry extra weight, so another heavy asymmetric component would need to go on the opposite side.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It seems likely that weight balance might be one of the considerations. The door side will carry extra weight, so another heavy asymmetric component would need to go on the opposite side.
So...are you saying I need to marry a fat woman and take her everywhere I go so that my vehicle doesn't someday flip over onto it's left side?

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score

You do have the exhaust on the other side. Depending on where the muffler/cat are located that could be 20 lbs to help the balance.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seeing as I'm not going to be opening that fuel door more than about once a week, I'll happily live with wherever they want to put it. There are worse solutions. My '74 IH Travelall had fuel doors/caps on either side, the left rear, and the right front. Just try getting both tanks filled at a busy gas station.

Top Bottom