• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Are There Any Guarantees?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, you guys win. I literally laughed my eyes out at some of the responses. Go Elio!
You have discovered the magic of hanging out with these guys (and in case you haven't realized it, something like 95% of the group are in fact guys). To give you another perspective, I am low income, living on a fixed income and I went in at $100 non-refundable. My older son was concerned and asked if I had it would I have gone in at $1000 non-refundable. My answer was yes. In fact the reason I went non-refundable because it gives me the option to upgrade. The refundable does not. To me that meant my only logical choice was non-refundable (I am already saving for the next upgrade). And in the mean time I am really enjoying the "ride" of belonging to this wonderful crazy group of people. I hope you do also.
:-) Z

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You have discovered the magic of hanging out with these guys (and in case you haven't realized it, something like 95% of the group are in fact guys). To give you another perspective, I am low income, living on a fixed income and I went in at $100 non-refundable. My older son was concerned and asked if I had it would I have gone in at $1000 non-refundable. My answer was yes. In fact the reason I went non-refundable because it gives me the option to upgrade. The refundable does not. To me that meant my only logical choice was non-refundable (I am already saving for the next upgrade). And in the mean time I am really enjoying the "ride" of belonging to this wonderful crazy group of people. I hope you do also.
:) Z
As a retired senior I went all in for $1000 because I believe in Elio and look forward to cruising around town in mine. Even if it doesn't happen I have had a thousand dollars worth of entertainment reading all the forums and reading about how others are excited about it.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One of the reasons Elio likes the all-in category is that those of us who paid that amount are far more likely committed to buying an Elio because we have "skin in the game". We only get our return on investment when we buy it un like refundable deposits can be withdrawn to protect their investment

Razz44

Reaction score
Hello to all: My name is Bill and I am from the eastern shore of Maryland. I became aware of the Elio recently when it was mentioned in the "Sword and Shield" magazine. The "S&S" is a magazine distributed to members of the law enforcement motorcycle club, the "Blue Knights".
I am really interested in the Elio and have read a lot about it. I just found this forum and decided to join.
So, from time to time, I will be asking questions and following the development of the Elio.
One question I have is about guarantees.
If I go "all in" and pay the $1000. deposit are there any guarantees?
Will I lose the $1000. if the car is not produced?
What is the production timeframe?

Hope to hear from someone about this. Thanks

Hi Bill
You can do the refundable deposit. The money goes into escrow. If you don't get your car you get your thousand back.

Razz44

Reaction score
This whole investment in the Elio is a personal choice based on our own life. There is no right or wrong participation. For example, if I had kids at home, a mortgage payment or a car payment my involvement would be different.

I have done enough research and comfortable enough with the process to go "all in for a non-refundable $1,000. What my motivating drive? I'm old.

Hey Jake
Same here. Nothing else to spend it on and don't know how much longer I have to spend my own money so why not. :)

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello to all: My name is Bill and I am from the eastern shore of Maryland. I became aware of the Elio recently when it was mentioned in the "Sword and Shield" magazine. The "S&S" is a magazine distributed to members of the law enforcement motorcycle club, the "Blue Knights".
I am really interested in the Elio and have read a lot about it. I just found this forum and decided to join.
So, from time to time, I will be asking questions and following the development of the Elio.
One question I have is about guarantees.
If I go "all in" and pay the $1000. deposit are there any guarantees?
Will I lose the $1000. if the car is not produced?
What is the production timeframe?

Hope to hear from someone about this. Thanks
I think all of us understand if Elio goes belly up before production our $$ is a gonner , it will not matter if non refundable or refundable deposits were sent..When one takes a risk, down the road we hear others say "Wish I would have done that" or "I told you so"...As for now, It's Saturday, gotta go get my Powerball Ticket !!

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think all of us understand if Elio goes belly up before production our $$ is a gonner , it will not matter if non refundable or refundable deposits were sent..When one takes a risk, down the road we hear others say "Wish I would have done that" or "I told you so"...As for now, It's Saturday, gotta go get my Powerball Ticket !!

Good Luck, Bud :)

Top Bottom