• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Are There Any Guarantees?

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How is me putting down a deposit not a risk? I can kind of understand what you may be attempting to say, but as it came out it makes no sense. I will risk $1000 until July of next year, which is when they say it will be out, actually that's a few months later than what they say, so in actuality if you believe very deeply in the Elio, my post should not have mattered to you because you would be certain that I will have had my Elio well within that time frame. Now, on to my actual point. I will "risk" money that I can be using for my children in the meantime, grocery money, gas money (hurry up Elio, lol), and no telling what other real world expenses may arise, while I wait possibly more than a year for this vehicle. If it comes out and I have not pulled my refund or touched it at all then I think I should qualify for the same benefits as those who made theirs non refundable. I can't honestly see why anyone would have an issue with refundable money that actually never has to be refunded, wouldn't that make my stance just as solid if not more solid than a non refundable deposit, because once you pull the trigger on the non refundable, it's done, you couldn't get it back if you wanted to, so being patient is not an option at that point. Having the will power to have that money just sitting, with the ability to take it back at any moment, yet leave it untouched, should speak volumes. It shows a decision based on rationality and thorough understanding. There are people "all in" still asking if this thing will have a windshield wiper. I have no problem with them and I love seeing all of the happy people, and love being a part of the movement. I also love having my money if this doesn't live up to the hype. I will make my deposit today. Just with some wiggle room.

Sorry, I did not take into account the fact that there is more than one kind of risk.

Most on here are risking the possibility of not getting some kind of return on there investment and you (in your own words) are risking the future welfare and standard of living of your children.

I however, did not risk anything. What I did was, buy a place in line for a thousand dollars, on the possibility owning an Elio with a $500 discount.

The money I used came out of my savings, and though I would really like to get the car, I consider that money gone. Just like a lottery ticket.

“All risk, is not equal”

ImElioEstevez

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Point taken. It went from no risk, to now just being beneath your risk. You're right, and you win. We will both win when the Elio hit's dealerships. We pay the exact same amount, just maybe I can get it back, but I doubt it. The agreement says that no money will be held in escrow, and people are saying the money will be held in escrow, but I can't find it on the site. So I could be losing as well. It's a gamble either way. I'll see. This is the first time any company has ever made me feel like I was gambling though, so I just have to get used to that feeling with them.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Point taken. It went from no risk, to now just being beneath your risk. You're right, and you win. We will both win when the Elio hit's dealerships. We pay the exact same amount, just maybe I can get it back, but I doubt it. The agreement says that no money will be held in escrow, and people are saying the money will be held in escrow, but I can't find it on the site. So I could be losing as well. It's a gamble either way. I'll see. This is the first time any company has ever made me feel like I was gambling though, so I just have to get used to that feeling with them.

"This is the first time any company has ever made me feel like I was gambling though"

May I recommend cutting back on the want to haves and live only on the need to haves, till you make up the thousand dollars, thus relieving the risk on you and your children.

Then you can relax and ride this thing out without that feeling and should things not work out with EM and you do get your money back, you will have that extra thousand dollars for a down payment on a different car or one hellofa girls night out. JMO

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EXACTLY? Another case of not being able to find a simple fact....we need a Snopes for all the horse manure that is getting created. Just one thread where the simple questions are answered.
Yellow
Escrow no escrow
80.4 84 or 95
Standard, AMT or Manual
Standard Elgin or pointer.
Factory options that will be available..list too long to post.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EXACTLY? Another case of not being able to find a simple fact....we need a Snopes for all the horse manure that is getting created. Just one thread where the simple questions are answered.
Yellow
Escrow no escrow
80.4 84 or 95
Standard, AMT or Manual
Standard Elgin or pointer.
Factory options that will be available..list too long to post.

I heard it also will have the option for wings and can double as a boat? Thats what I've heard, anyways..... ;)

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I heard it also will have the option for wings and can double as a boat? Thats what I've heard, anyways..... ;)

Not sure about wings. But in the last EM TechTalk:

Does it float?
The Elio can do a great many of things. Floating is not one of them.

Top Bottom