• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Are Appearances Deceiving?

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All we can do is try to read between the lines of what EM has told us.
They are giving their E mail system a tune up. Why?
I think about it like this.
You don't dust the furniture while the house is on fire. But, after the fire is out, you can start to clean up, before the insurance agent OKs repairs, or cuts you a check.
I think this may be where we are. Of course, the insurance adjuster may say it damaged to bad, or that you are not covered for this type of damage.
So, could be good, could be bad. Just have to wait.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
As for "linking" to a private email, you have to change it from "Private" to "Public" (as in you copy it and post a copy of it somewhere); then you can post a link to the reposted email.

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not to worry, by July 31, 2017, the Yosemite Super Volcano will have exploded, and all this speculation about the future of Elio won't matter. Of course if it does not blow, or if someone happens to change Kim Dung Dong's dirty diapers before he decides to nuke Alaska, then we can all have a throw of the dice. No, I am not volunteering to change Kim's diapers after all I can hardly bend over to change my own.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Link? Are we sure this is a legitimate reply from ElioMotors ?
I wouldn't look too hard at that. ANY information, even as innocuous as that could get Elio in trouble if strict confidence is required. You don't want to upset potential investors and have them pull out. Keep it a rumor which everyone expects, rather than a source.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not to worry, by July 31, 2017, the Yosemite Super Volcano will have exploded, and all this speculation about the future of Elio won't matter. Of course if it does not blow, or if someone happens to change Kim Dung Dong's dirty diapers before he decides to nuke Alaska, then we can all have a throw of the dice. No, I am not volunteering to change Kim's diapers after all I can hardly bend over to change my own.
Don't worry. Be happy. I've lived through at least as many doomsday scenarios and predictions as I've had birthdays.

Personally, I'm not concerned until most have declared that "peace and safety" have come.

1 Thessalonians 5:3
While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A linguistics professor says during a lecture that, "In English, a double negative forms a positive. But in some languages, such as Russian, a double negative is still a negative. However, in no language in the world can a double positive form a negative." But then a voice from the back of the room piped up, "Yeah, right."
In that case, I agree to agree.

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A linguistics professor says during a lecture that, "In English, a double negative forms a positive. But in some languages, such as Russian, a double negative is still a negative. However, in no language in the world can a double positive form a negative." But then a voice from the back of the room piped up, "Yeah, right."

and don't get me started about those Past Participles.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Typical. It's from FEOA so consider the second hand source.
Would agree, but hard to discount Giberson's sense of disappointment. Seems like an authentic reaction from someone that has invested himself with a lot of his non compensated time to a greater degree than almost anyone...save for the Utube Elio guys. Their dark clouds will clear soon... fortunately. EM's emailed responses must go through a legal review for SEC compliance and to maintain funding source discretion. The responses in my opinion are very positive and opaque...as they must be...at this critical moment. It's difficult for someone all in since 3/2014 to avoid falling into cognitive dissonance and other forms of frustration from legally (SEC) screened and sanitized emails. Maybe this is the first time he has dealt with this. GO ELIO!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom