• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Are Appearances Deceiving?

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It appears that new news has come to a screeching halt as we are given recycled news from last year for the most part. Some will be quick to label it as evidence of a sham and make the illogical leap that it always was. This says more about their own fears than anything about the company.

I tend to be optimistic realizing that many times, the greatest progress is made during times of relative silence because hardball negotiations tend to require maintaining strict confidence to be successful. But that is MY expectation as a former negotiator.

The hard truth is that we don't know what we don't know and we don't like it. We have to go with the limited information given to us and hope the project comes to fruition. There is certainly enough out there to know this is more than a fantasy concept car. Real work has been done and knowledgeable people are involved in trying to get this done. All the while, we realize that any start up of this magnitude is a highly risky venture which needs many things to come together to be successful.

So we wait. Impatiently or patiently, we wait.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A linguistics professor says during a lecture that, "In English, a double negative forms a positive. But in some languages, such as Russian, a double negative is still a negative. However, in no language in the world can a double positive form a negative." But then a voice from the back of the room piped up, "Yeah, right."

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It appears that new news has come to a screeching halt as we are given recycled news from last year for the most part. Some will be quick to label it as evidence of a sham and make the illogical leap that it always was. This says more about their own fears than anything about the company.

I tend to be optimistic realizing that many times, the greatest progress is made during times of relative silence because hardball negotiations tend to require maintaining strict confidence to be successful. But that is MY expectation as a former negotiator.

The hard truth is that we don't know what we don't know and we don't like it. We have to go with the limited information given to us and hope the project comes to fruition. There is certainly enough out there to know this is more than a fantasy concept car. Real work has been done and knowledgeable people are involved in trying to get this done. All the while, we realize that any start up of this magnitude is a highly risky venture which needs many things to come together to be successful.

So we wait. Impatiently or patiently, we wait.
Here is SOME news receved by John Gilbertson on his Elio FB page:
Here is another direct quote I just received via IM from someone at Elio Motors. Responding to my question "Is there ANYONE left at Elio Motors that can convince me that our FB Group Future Elio Owners of America should continue to exsist????!!!! Is it OVER or is there ANY hope left????" Here is the exact quote I received. "Due to the nature of funding and the subsequent questions (we aren't able to answer for legal or confidentiality reasons) that will follow based on piqued interest, the best coarse of action is unfortunately to keep quiet about the funding side of things until we're fully over the hump. We can't speak much about it, but there is substantial progress and many interested parties."

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is SOME news receved by John Gilbertson on his Elio FB page:
Here is another direct quote I just received via IM from someone at Elio Motors. Responding to my question "Is there ANYONE left at Elio Motors that can convince me that our FB Group Future Elio Owners of America should continue to exsist????!!!! Is it OVER or is there ANY hope left????" Here is the exact quote I received. "Due to the nature of funding and the subsequent questions (we aren't able to answer for legal or confidentiality reasons) that will follow based on piqued interest, the best coarse of action is unfortunately to keep quiet about the funding side of things until we're fully over the hump. We can't speak much about it, but there is substantial progress and many interested parties."
Link? Are we sure this is a legitimate reply from ElioMotors ?

Top Bottom