• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is only about 1000 FUVs on the street since the 2019 production start. Zero progress on the 2022 announcement of building the 1.x production scale prototype with the required mechanical refinements. The current platform has far too many reliability issues. Crap show management, sales, and service business model. Close it down and move on. It seems that if there was a market for a fully enclosed production 3 wheeler motorcycle, motorcycle manufacturers would‘ve had one on the market by now.
View attachment 26905
There is a market but it depends on what the volume is. So, these companies that are making three wheelers realize that if they need to get the funding, they need to have a catch:
Elio: $6800 and 84 mpg
Arcimoto: Fun and right sized transportation
Aptera: 1000 mile range and 40 miles/day from solar

It's the same scenario, just yet another three wheeler. Along with that, they talk about huge sales.
Elio: 250K/year
Arcimoto: 50K per year by 2025
Aptera: a million by 2030

As you see that's what you need to push to get peoples attention. If you just said, "Well we really don't know what the market will bear but we will give it a shot and see what happens." then nobody will invest. Then if you just pushed it as a niche product, investors won't come either. You must promote big things to make it sound better than it really is.

If you look at Vanderhall, it was privately funded. So they did not need to sell to investors. Polaris probably mentioned the Slingshot at some meeting with shareholders but yet again, were not looking for outside funding. Both of these examples show how they realized there was a market for their products and scaled up according to the actual demand. I suspect Polaris has some well paid people that figured this out well ahead of time. Vanderhall started off small and grew to what the market demanded and stopped there.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Arcimoto announces full enclosure! Just like a Jeep soft top and removable doors! Finally, they offer this as the CEO confirmed it. Watch the video at the 4:30 mark. At least for many, it’s one step closer to the long steps ahead, for FUV ownership. I want to be able to test drive this and want local support but at least I can stop complaining about that full enclosure, as it’s available.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yah right. :) CEO Dawson referenced the FUV as an autocycle classified vehicle and doesn‘t know Arcimoto is a motorcycle manufacturer and the FUV would be required to be registered and licensed as a motorcycle in all 50 States.

1710533715123.jpeg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Whatever Chris says, he has to be right.
He would be more believeable with a haircut and a shave. Too bad Arcimoto couldn’t get the contracted Munro & Associates 1.x FUV platform built with the reliability and full enclosure fixes required for production scale. A few people are snapping up used FUVs knowing there is limited to no parts/service, the company appears to be shut down, and on the brink of bankruptcy. The FUV is one fun ride that management drove into the ground.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Too bad Arcimoto couldn’t get the contracted Munro & Associates 1.x FUV platform built with the reliability and full enclosure fixes required for production scale.
That costs money and honestly, I do not think he's the the last word on manufacturing. He has resigned to doing YT videos and using that as income. Look at what he did for Aptera. He was all over that and now silent, all while that company is pulling an Elio. Delaying the timeline.

He is really good at looking at companies that actually produced a product he had nothing to do with and criticizing it. As for Arcimoto, forget it, he will avoid them like the plague.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That costs money and honestly, I do not think he's the the last word on manufacturing. He has resigned to doing YT videos and using that as income. Look at what he did for Aptera. He was all over that and now silent, all while that company is pulling an Elio. Delaying the timeline.

He is really good at looking at companies that actually produced a product he had nothing to do with and criticizing it. As for Arcimoto, forget it, he will avoid them like the plague.
What ever Munro’s perceived reputation. The announcement of the signed and sealed Munro partnership from both Arcimoto and Munro and all the other interesting “FACTS” made me believe that plans were actually moving forward to production scale……….Obviously BS.
1710704685964.jpeg

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
New update, website is back down again. Plus, the company does not answer the phone and emails are getting kicked back. Those are people looking for parts and service. Plus I looked up and Tilting Motorworks is down too.

Top Bottom