• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Reaction score
Curious if you have had personal experience driving an EV? Driving an EV since 2020 changed my opinion. I was surprised, maybe ‘shocked’. :)
I like the Solo’s finish level look in the photos.

Also, like the Nimbus. My first impression was that it appeared to be a cross between the Solo, FUV, and Toyota i-Road.
Just chiming in to let you know I'm listening to you too. My hopes are for FUV to be successful, just cause it's cute. Thanks Guys.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just chiming in to let you know I'm listening to you too. My hopes are for FUV to be successful, just cause it's cute. Thanks Guys.
I’ve appreciated your “chiming in” ever since I became an ElioOwners member back in 2014. :) I’ve seen some ‘cute‘ FUV’s and some custom “badass“ FUVs. They all have one thing in common………fun to drive.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anyone interested in three wheelers should hope for Arcimoto’s success and stop the negative opinions regarding their funding sources. They crossed the production finish line, are delivering FUVs to HAPPY customers, and received an additional round of funding that allows them to restart production with the 2023 FUV and added the Deliverator to their model line-up. Arcimoto’s success validates a market demand for other new startup three wheeler wannabes, like BEX and Nimbus.

The good news is based on BEX’s comments regarding Arcimoto’s business model, the FUV‘s design/engineering flaws,, and claim that he can do it with far less money and more efficiently. I assume he has funding, parts suppliers, and a manufacturing partner ready and waiting on a fast track production start. No anticipated pre or post funding, parts supplier, production, delivery, sales and servicing plan Issues. That’s a good situation to be in and good news for those of us wanting and waiting to get behind the steering wheel or handlebars of an electric or ICE three wheeler that meets our needs.

Last edited:

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, Electra Meccanica's Chinese manufacturer of SOLO doesn't mess around and built it with real car looks inside and out. If the BEX's inside looked like this when it's done, it'll be my first choice because it's ICE which I prefer.

Not going to get your hopes up, I doubt I can reach that level, relative to keeping final price down.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Curious if you have had personal experience driving an EV? Driving an EV since 2020 changed my opinion. I was surprised, maybe ‘shocked’. :)
I like the Solo’s finish level look in the photos.

Also, like the Nimbus. My first impression was that it appeared to be a cross between the Solo, FUV, and Toyota i-Road.
Never owned or test driven one....yet. I'm so ready for a 3wheeler but unfortunately their inherent size won't allow for a longer range battery as opposed to a full size 4wheeler EVs thus my preference for ICE. That said, Electra Meccanica could be selling more SOLOs if they upgrade it to a minimum 200mile range....and two seats. Nimbus is so unique and fun but it's 75mph version is at least 2years away and their teaser price tag could balloon by the time it's ready to sell.

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not going to get your hopes up, I doubt I can reach that level, relative to keeping final price down.
1677347883234.png

I couldn't agree more. That said, I'm fine with a simple dash shown here. Easier to work with and or replace. I'll buy it as bare as this so long as it's relatively safe and allowed in America's streets and highways.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. That said, I'm fine with a simple dash shown here. Easier to work with and or replace. I'll buy it as bare as this so long as it's relatively safe and allowed in America's streets and highways.

"Safety" is my middle name. I still don't talk to my parents over it.

Top Bottom