• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's a great 3wheeler but it could really be awesome with a minimum 200 mile range. I also believe that the current tubular frame can be manipulated and be framed to accept full enclosure doors.
The FUV’s half doors are very well done. They keep the driver/passengers feet dry and cargo/pets contained. They seem adequate in the warmer climates where many owners prefer the year around open air ride And no doors. My guess is, if they stay in business, the plan was to include a stamped frame on the FUV 1.x platform to accommodate full enclosure, needed to provide for a better fit/finish/seal, rather than going through the time and expense of setting up molds for mass production of full doors on the tubular frame.

Note on fit and finished interior: I like the Solo’s interior, but the Nobe’s is by far my favorite, but over the top expensive.
1677445023949.jpeg

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The FUV’s half doors are very well done. They keep the driver/passengers feet dry and cargo/pets contained. They seem adequate in the warmer climates where many owners prefer the year around open air ride And no doors. My guess is, if they stay in business, the plan was to include a stamped frame on the FUV 1.x platform to accommodate full enclosure, needed to provide for a better fit/finish/seal, rather than going through the time and expense of setting up molds for mass production of full doors on the tubular frame.

Note on fit and finished interior: I like the Solo’s interior, but the Nobe’s is by far my favorite, but over the top expensive.
View attachment 26417
It is looking good....but at almost 40k this Nobe just don't make sense. Nicer cars can be had at that price and have all 4 wheels.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is looking good....but at almost 40k this Nobe just don't make sense. Nicer cars can be had at that price and have all 4 wheels.
I suspect that Nobe knows the market. Arcimoto is expecting to sell 50K by 2025 and I do not see that happening. Yet people still continue to look at the cheap numbers thinking that three wheelers will take off. If Nobe sells at $40 K and they can make a profit at it at, they are doing fine. Arcimoto needs to start making a profit at selling the base $19,900 model right now. If they don't they will have two choices. Go bankrupt or sell above what Nobe is looking at selling their product.

It comes down to that three wheelers are niche and thus that's why they charge the numbers they do.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anyone interested in three wheelers should hope for Arcimoto’s success and stop the negative opinions regarding their funding sources.
I can see that. When you go public, then everything is public. Thus you need to have people criticize as to what's going on. Vanderhall is private and could release their numbers but they don;t need to. If they loose $100K on each model sold, that's their own problem. Thy never asked for public money. Arcimoto did and thus when they lost $40K on each unit ut the door, they are required to provide the data for that. Thus people like me look that up and can see if they are doing a good or bad job with that public money. Elio was no different.

Arcomoto mistakes:
Tilting Motor Works - Served zero benefit to the company. Could have signed a letter of agreement if that they would have decided to use the patent, then they pay a licensing agreement. Instead. They paid $10M up front in cash, thus a money losing operation they got. No new product uses that patent.

MLM - Deciding to compete in the E-Bike market. Well, you better get the Chinese involved as they are super efficient at making bikes for all over the globe. If not, they will copy the design, change a few key items to not being sued for patent infringement and sell for a third less. Plus it's a waste for Europe, as the E-Bike market needs to fit onto public trains. A trike does not.

Not leasing the plant - They bought it for $20M and could have leased it with an option to buy. Thus the financial load is less up front.

Just those three would have saved them probably $30M. That money would have gone into more automation, cutting costs for production and expanding their sales area to all 50 states (which would have increased demand). Yet they did not decide to do that. As we see today, they are paying the price. Now it's down to risky loans where everything better turn out perfect to get out of this hole. At this rate, they have no money to develop the full door version that is the #1 thing people want. As we know, you will not buy one unless it does. So, it looks like you will never get a FUV at this point.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The problem is people criticize and choose to state negative personal opinion with out knowing the facts as to why the decisions were made to begin with. Those negative coulda/shoulda, doom and gloom opinions, are as harmful to a new startup company and their continued success, as fake news in politics.

The plant came up for sale……..unaware that it was available to lease. Arcimoto’s plan might have been to tool the plant for scale production numbers quickly…….didn’t happen for whatever the reason. Still not happening, for whatever the reason. As it is, could have continued assembling 6 units per day in the AMP 1, but are continuing to ready a plant they own and use it’s value to borrow needed funding to stay in business. it is what it is. I assumed they would be cranking out 10K units by now. Perhaps they continue working with Munro and Associates on the finalized 1.x model specs before tooling for production scale numbers. Guess on my part……..I haven’t a clue why they do what they did or continue to do. Shit happens, sometimes out of their direct control or poor decision making. Whatever the reason it prevents me from owning the FUV anytime sooner or later. The adventurous Early adopter customers like the vehicle, so give them the break and show them the support they deserve to make the improvements needed for mass production and expanding the regional sales and service States.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The problem is people criticize and choose to state negative personal opinion with out knowing the facts as to why the decisions were made to begin with. Those negative coulda/shoulda, doom and gloom opinions, are as harmful to a new startup company and their continued success, as fake news in politics.

The plant came up for sale……..unaware that it was available to lease. Arcimoto’s plan might have been to tool the plant for scale production numbers quickly…….didn’t happen for whatever the reason. Still not happening, for whatever the reason. As it is, could have continued assembling 6 units per day in the AMP 1, but are continuing to ready a plant they own and use it’s value to borrow needed funding to stay in business. it is what it is. I assumed they would be cranking out 10K units by now. Perhaps they continue working with Munro and Associates on the finalized 1.x model specs before tooling for production scale numbers. Guess on my part……..I haven’t a clue why they do what they did or continue to do. Shit happens, sometimes out of their direct control or poor decision making. Whatever the reason it prevents me from owning the FUV anytime sooner or later. The adventurous Early adopter customers like the vehicle, so give them the break and show them the support they deserve to make the improvements needed for mass production and expanding the regional sales and service States.
As long as they're still cranking up units there's hope. It's unfortunate that the cost to build a unit does not allow for a lower price tag they originally promised (12k). EM SOLO is right on with their price at 15.5k, and I'm willing to pay a tad more for a 2seater and/or longer range battery.

Top Bottom