• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice video...

Rick, do you know if the founder or any of the other key people have motorcycle backgrounds? When you took your tour(s), did you see any motorcycles around the factory/parking lot? Just curious... thanks.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice video...

Rick, do you know if the founder or any of the other key people have motorcycle backgrounds? When you took your tour(s), did you see any motorcycles around the factory/parking lot? Just curious... thanks.
The only motorcycles I saw sitting around the factory and parking lots were FUVs. :) There is no indication of serious biker backgrounds. The founders interest and vision was in developing an economical three wheeler EV city commuter. However, with the announcement of the new Roadster Model, a few employees have indicated owning motorcycles. I suspect it was their interest the sparked the idea and development to include the totally open three wheeler in the future lineup. It’s CANAM Spyder like and I assume as quick and agile as the FUV.

700B8923-3419-4FE1-8BA6-C0863F2107B1.jpeg

The original napkin sketch of his three wheeler concept some 12 years ago.
EA3944A8-9489-4565-9793-046B8802294F.jpeg

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like Elon Musk compensation packages. If he don't hit milestones he gets nothing. If he does, gets compensated. Huge fix salary like that don't give them much incentive. Think Paul Elio with his 250K salary.
Bald Guy & BEX, please keep in mind that Arcimoto’s CEO salary during the 10 years of R&D was $35K. Now that production has started and the company has experienced a Billion dollar market cap Mark Frohnmayer’s current $220K (I didn’t confirm BEX’s quote) sounds reasonable for the actual work he’s doing. He also invested a lot of his own money into the R&D process along with an angel investor or two that believed in the vision.

Last edited:

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is no indication of serious biker backgrounds. The founders interest and vision was in developing an economical three wheeler EV city commuter. However, with the announcement of the new Roadster Model, a few employees have indicated owning motorcycles. I suspect it was their interest the sparked the idea and development to include the totally open three wheeler in the future lineup. It’s CANAM Spyder like:

View attachment 24545
Gotcha.... appreciate the info. Thanks...

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This. This may be completely above board, just get tired of seeing innocent people get burnt by the modern MBa system.
Anyone that has followed their R&D or researched Arcimoto, would realize Arcimoto is an above board startup business in terms of making it to production, delivering vehicles, and providing excellent followup vehicle care and customer service. They have a long way to go to production scale, proving market acceptance, profitability, and financial success, but they are doing what they say they are doing by having successfully crossed the production finish line. The only thing they ever asked for from people having interest was a $100 refundable for any reason reservation deposit, to show interest in their concept. Nobody got burnt.

Last edited:

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The only thing they ever asked for from people having interest was a $100 refundable for any reason reservation deposit, to show interest in their concept. Nobody got burnt.

How convenient of you not to mention shares and investors ..

Summary
  • Arcimoto has over a $1 billion market cap even though it only sold 31 FUVs in Q3.
  • If you assume it meets its long-term targets, it has a higher price to sales multiple than Harley Davidson has now.
  • The company does a much better job of selling shares to retail investors than it does produce vehicles.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4403576-arcimoto-is-not-1-billion-company

voyager

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's a sympathetic company, but never understood the hype around a tubular frame welded three-wheeler in which two passengers sit in tandem layout. That is soooo unimaginitive, even for a bunch of enthusiastic engineers. That they would ally themselves with Tilting Motor Works was to be expected. As a matter of fact, they bought the company. Tilt is the ONLY way to keep a three-wheeler's front track in check. Remember that the Aptera's stance is a whopping 88 inch (2.235 meter).
1dd8183ad5d970c602bac0cfcb72705c.jpg

Last edited:

voyager

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I give them at least 10 years before they have that tilting feature in their lines of FUVs. So far they've delivered 97 units only in so many years they've been around. It'll be interesting how they'll meet the challenge and expensive it'll be.

Why a decade? Ought to be implemented within 2 years or so.... Not?

Top Bottom