• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Who said that was paint, it could be a applied decal. Looks like it to me.
$2-3k man, someone is making some serious cash off a simple job.
Bring it by the shop, I can do the same for less. And I'll do it in paint.
The 2 base colors are Black and Silver plastic with applied vinyl accent color typical to the Silver with Orange accent above. The green is custom shop paint that runs about $2-2.5K. If I lived closer to you I’d stop by or a chat, offer you a test drive, and get an estimate for paint. :)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Test drive is a must (heheh just kidding) why, where in the world are you?
I can do coast to coast in two - three days depending on weather.
Last time, I made it from Chicago to home in 1 1/2 days 2,500 miles
I'm used to long distance drives, I scare passengers because they all think I'm sleeping when I drive.
I just kick back in the seat, and assume the position to drive, I don't doze at the wheel, but it looks like I do.
I fell asleep once and scared the living ba-jeepers out of myself, I've never done that again. Just one of those things.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Test drive is a must (heheh just kidding) why, where in the world are you?
I can do coast to coast in two - three days depending on weather.
Last time, I made it from Chicago to home in 1 1/2 days 2,500 miles
I'm used to long distance drives, I scare passengers because they all think I'm sleeping when I drive.
I just kick back in the seat, and assume the position to drive, I don't doze at the wheel, but it looks like I do.
I fell asleep once and scared the living ba-jeepers out of myself, I've never done that again. Just one of those things.
I’m somewhere in Coeur d’Alene, ID. My old bones max out at about 400 miles behind the wheel, with multiple coffee and pee stops along the way. :) I sense you would appreciate the vehicle platform after experiencing it’s performance and handing, even though it doesn’t meet your needs.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Your only about 490-510 miles away, I'm in WA. state, down near Portland, OR so it's not that far.
I-84 will bring you to the doorstep (sort of) but I've done that drive a bunch of times, when I go to Spokane.
I know about the old bones thing, I'm no spring chicken myself, and I've broken a lot of me, so these bones are kind of brittle.
Riding on a Motorcycle Stunt team wasn't the kind of thing that likes what we did. Plus I rode 2 wheels for a very long time.
That's the main reason I had to change what I did for a living.

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow, looks like I was too early to the party. As a hobby I painted cars on the weekend, one every weekend for years, most I ever charged was about $250 if I recall. Used DuPont Centari with 793 hardener, set up nice in about 6 hours. Got them in Friday night, prepped, masked and sprayed Saturday, unmask and cleanup Sunday. $100 buck would cover all the paint and tape and leave a little left, the rest was labor. img846.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Your only about 490-510 miles away, I'm in WA. state, down near Portland, OR so it's not that far.
I-84 will bring you to the doorstep (sort of) but I've done that drive a bunch of times, when I go to Spokane.
I know about the old bones thing, I'm no spring chicken myself, and I've broken a lot of me, so these bones are kind of brittle.
Riding on a Motorcycle Stunt team wasn't the kind of thing that likes what we did. Plus I rode 2 wheels for a very long time.
That's the main reason I had to change what I did for a living.
Interesting. For some reason I thought you were on the east coast. You are only 110 miles from the Arcimoto Manufacturing Plant in Eugene, OR. Regarding paint, I thought $2500 was high and considered having it painted at a local paint shop, but the local estimates were similar. They indicated a lot of time involved to prep the plastic body panels.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting. For some reason I thought you were on the east coast. You are only 110 miles from the Arcimoto Manufacturing Plant in Eugene, OR. Regarding paint, I thought $2500 was high and considered having it painted at a local paint shop, but the local estimates were similar. They indicated a lot of time involved to prep the plastic body panels.
Lot of time to prep panels = BS and a way to make it sound like a lot more to someone that doesn't paint.
They are trying to make it sound harder then it really is, just to justify the mark up.
Oh yeah, lots more extra time because we can't find any other way to charge you more.
I was in the business of cars for a living, and all the shops are the same so that no one is making more then the other.

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can see that. My first run-in with plastic panels was when I took a job to paint a Ninja with those plastic cover panels. The Centari melted them, made a royal mess. I had to buy the guy new panels. Things have changed alot in the last 40 years. After that I stopped painting on plastic.

Top Bottom