• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Else Think It Wont Happen?

Reaction score
There are some very worried people/companies out there that see the Elio as a real threat.
They will stop at nothing to muck up the works.:eek:
I should get my #XXXX by my birthday next week.:D
Delivery should be late 2015 or early 2016.:)

Folks say, and it is true I am a piss poor friend. I can't remember birthdasy at all and I keep losing my calendars. So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUSTOFF. I believe you WILL get your number for your birthday present cause Elio team said that the numbers should come out for the Fourth of July !!!! YEA !!!

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I view it as playing in the stock market. There are up days and down days, but you have to hold long term to see a payoff. I made my investment, and now I simply wait to see if it pays out. Remember, its not Las Vegas, its Wall St...
slot-machine-da-bar.jpg

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As I have said before, I don't think EM will fail. But if it does fail, It won't be from EM's lack of effort. It will be from greed and politics. There are a lot of "future sales" to be LOST by the big car companies, motorcycle companies, AND the oil industry. The Elio has such a broad appeal and is so badly needed, I tend to think it "has to happen." The reality is, the greater the "need", the greater the "opposition." I also think EM has learned from the "mis-steps" made by Apterra and Tesla.
EM is being smart about working to get laws changed, or working "around" laws in order to MAKE THIS HAPPEN. GO ELIO !

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The universal language is mathmatics. That's why I love doing the math.
According to the EM site, they are now averaging almost 1000 new deposits EACH WEEK.
As of 06-29-14, they report having 23,000+ deposits.
We have 60 weeks till Sept. 2015 (the current projected manufacturing launch).

IF the average number of new deposits per week stays the same...
(I believe that number will only increase as future progress on the Elio is made public)
...it means that EM will have around 83,000 deposits by Sept. 2015.

I personally think that that weekly number will skyrocket not too far in the future.
The people who are signing up for this vehicle are not stupid.
Maybe a bit special, farsighted and imaginative, but definitely not stupid.
I can imagine that almost every one of them did online research before they pulled the trigger.
If this many people are now popping with all the debate and naysaying that's currently easily found on the web...
Well, I'm sure you see my point.

I'm not saying that all of the current depos are "All in"s @ $1000, but I'm thinking a substantial number are.
I'm also thinking that the closer the production date gets, the more folks will upgrade thier depo.
Barring a EM legal, financial or PR catastrophe, I think we might see 100,000+ $1000 depos by Sept. '15
I've seen numerous mentions of EM needing an additional 145 M to start actually pumping
the finished product out the exit ramp of the future factory.
What's 100,000 X $1000? Could that be 100 M of the 145 M?
Even if EM only breaks even on the first year's production in order to make it happen,
they should end up with a very sweet second year all around.

If those depo numbers stay @ approximately 1000/wk or more, I wouldn't worry much.
Thoughts?
We have seen that 25% of all reservations are 'all-in' at the $1,000 level. It has been consistent through the last few reservation release bunches.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I view it as playing in the stock market. There are up days and down days, but you have to hold long term to see a payoff. I made my investment, and now I simply wait to see if it pays out. Remember, its not Las Vegas, its Wall St...
View attachment 1712
Nah. It is better than either one of those turkeys otherwise I wouldn't have reserved. LOL :-) Z

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I put down 2000 dollars .have 2 reservations. was extremely excited for this vehicle. And initially when there was talk on facebook or at live displays they were so confident it was going to be built this summer. Then the delays happened. Im ok with that. But then i started noticing on facebook this last week or 2. People asking questions and elio made about 6 comments that i recall where they state there is a possibility the car wont happen. How do they go from its definately coming this summer to just a small delay to its possible it wont happen??

Mumble, I haven't seen any Elio Motors comments where they state there is a possibility the car won't happen. Elio Motors FB comment replies are almost always politically correct and always optimistic and positive, "production targeted for next year, targeted for third quarter 2015", etc. Replies to people saying "enough, just build it?" are always "we are on target to start production 2015 third quarter", and replies to "do you have a place to build them yet?" are always "we have possession of the old GM plant in Shreveport, LA".

Just my two cents and thinking about your best interest, it might be best to think of this as other's have stated in this thread: you've made a long-term investment, ride the waves, if things look good that's great, if things look not-so-good keep the faith. It's a gamble to put a non-refundable deposit on an Elio, heck it might even be a gamble to put a refundable deposit down. But I think you made the right move by reserving two of these vehicles. :)

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The increase in the public's attention is just starting. NBC, FOX, GOOGLE, YAHOO, just to name a few not to mention articles in most of the auto publications and a array of youtube videos are popping up. The deposits are increasing and, like the math says it is gona happen. I'd say odds are it will take place on time, September of next year.
MK

Last edited:
Top Bottom