• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Else In The San Diego Area?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi and welcome from Oregon, NicksGarage. Your height will not be an issue and your weight will most likely not be either. It will depend on where it is distributed. There a couple of videos on the EM Facebook and Instagram sites showing large people getting into and out of the Elio. The tallest is 7' 4". He was at the Chicago Event this year. There was a gentleman your height at the Boston event who was amazed at how much room he had. I don't know what his weight was. There was also a video in Detroit by a reporter and I hope someone will read this and help me out with this information. The fellow who did the video was literally simply handed the keys and told to give it a try with the only request being that he not go over 45 mph. He actually asked a couple of "portly" gentlemen to get into the front and back seats of the Elio to see how it was for fit. Watching these videos will probably answer a lot of your questions. In the meantime, I will search for the Detroit video and see if I can attach the link to this post. Sometimes I am successful and sometimes I'm not. :) Z
I tried to find the video but so far have had no luck! I wish I could remember the reporter's name because then I could at least use that as a search source. I even tried Youtube and EM Instagram and FB pages and couldn't find it. Sorry. :-) Z

NicksGarage

Reaction score
Hi and welcome from Oregon, NicksGarage. Your height will not be an issue and your weight will most likely not be either. It will depend on where it is distributed. There a couple of videos on the EM Facebook and Instagram sites showing large people getting into and out of the Elio. The tallest is 7' 4". He was at the Chicago Event this year. There was a gentleman your height at the Boston event who was amazed at how much room he had. I don't know what his weight was. There was also a video in Detroit by a reporter and I hope someone will read this and help me out with this information. The fellow who did the video was literally simply handed the keys and told to give it a try with the only request being that he not go over 45 mph. He actually asked a couple of "portly" gentlemen to get into the front and back seats of the Elio to see how it was for fit. Watching these videos will probably answer a lot of your questions. In the meantime, I will search for the Detroit video and see if I can attach the link to this post. Sometimes I am successful and sometimes I'm not. :-) Z

My weight is evenly distributed. I'm just a big tall guy. I drive a 1984 Dodge Rampage so I'm used to fitting in some small cars. Sounds like there will be plenty of head and leg room and I don't normally have passengers. My main concern would be leg room to work the clutch.

Sent from my HTC One M8 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My weight is evenly distributed. I'm just a big tall guy. I drive a 1984 Dodge Rampage so I'm used to fitting in some small cars. Sounds like there will be plenty of head and leg room and I don't normally have passengers. My main concern would be leg room to work the clutch.

The only person who has mentioned that as a problem is the one who is 7'4". There was plenty of leg room but not enough under the dash board room for his knees to move, I believe. I will find the comment he made when he joined here. He has seen and sat in both the P3 and the P4. :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Here is David's post:

I'm planning to go to the Mall Saturday morning, a chamber music reading event in Evanston in the afternoon and a house party at night. If only I had my Elio to sip less gas with.

A friend posted this on my facebook wall - glad the Elio has 2 wheels up front.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/clarkson-tips-over-reliant-robin

Funniness aside, I am a $1000 club member. I want to check the vehicle out again as I'm 7'4" tall and want to refresh my memory on what I'll have to do to make it driveable for me. As of last year I couldn't get my knees to clear the dash. I would like to hope one could put a longer seat track on the driver's seat and or maybe do something with the dash, which seemed most of a problem on the right.

:-) Z

Mike 4737

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Just signed up here and I'm in San Diego. Commute to Poway every day and also frequently to the San Luis Obispo area. Been checking out this vehicle off and on. If I'd known earlier about them being at the Miramar air show I would have made arrangements to go check them out. I need to sit in one before laying down any cash since I'm 6'5" tall and 300+ pounds. Looking forward to more updates on their progress.
hi there I'm in the San Luis Obispo area myself

Mark Pascall

Reaction score
My name is Mark. I live in Santee. I like the reverse trike idea especially with tandem seating. It is an idea who's time has come. I'm ready for something just like this. Very happy with the concept. I'm surprised one of the big players hasn't hit on this. Suzuki is probably watching. Anyway I'm glad someone has stepped up to the challenge. The mileage and price claims seem exaggerated, weather they are true or not, and probably hurting the overall effort. I'd rather see more believable figures promised there then if better then promised figures are met all the better. But overall I'm looking forward.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My name is Mark. I live in Santee. I like the reverse trike idea especially with tandem seating. It is an idea who's time has come. I'm ready for something just like this. Very happy with the concept. I'm surprised one of the big players hasn't hit on this. Suzuki is probably watching. Anyway I'm glad someone has stepped up to the challenge. The mileage and price claims seem exaggerated, weather they are true or not, and probably hurting the overall effort. I'd rather see more believable figures promised there then if better then promised figures are met all the better. But overall I'm looking forward.
They've shown they are VERY close to the 84MPG mark. Engineering continues to improve the engine. They've remodeled the vehicle to help with aerodynamics. If they don't hit their mark, they'll be very close. You can bet on that.

Top Bottom