• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Else In The San Diego Area?

NicksGarage

Reaction score
Just signed up here and I'm in San Diego. Commute to Poway every day and also frequently to the San Luis Obispo area. Been checking out this vehicle off and on. If I'd known earlier about them being at the Miramar air show I would have made arrangements to go check them out. I need to sit in one before laying down any cash since I'm 6'5" tall and 300+ pounds. Looking forward to more updates on their progress.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just signed up here and I'm in San Diego. Commute to Poway every day and also frequently to the San Luis Obispo area. Been checking out this vehicle off and on. If I'd known earlier about them being at the Miramar air show I would have made arrangements to go check them out. I need to sit in one before laying down any cash since I'm 6'5" tall and 300+ pounds. Looking forward to more updates on their progress.
Welcome from a future Elio owner in New Mexico

Fred Yerrick

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Pull the trigger and ride the Adventure!

Attachments

• 20141004_115643.jpg
    20141004_115643.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 358

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi and welcome from Oregon, NicksGarage. Your height will not be an issue and your weight will most likely not be either. It will depend on where it is distributed. There a couple of videos on the EM Facebook and Instagram sites showing large people getting into and out of the Elio. The tallest is 7' 4". He was at the Chicago Event this year. There was a gentleman your height at the Boston event who was amazed at how much room he had. I don't know what his weight was. There was also a video in Detroit by a reporter and I hope someone will read this and help me out with this information. The fellow who did the video was literally simply handed the keys and told to give it a try with the only request being that he not go over 45 mph. He actually asked a couple of "portly" gentlemen to get into the front and back seats of the Elio to see how it was for fit. Watching these videos will probably answer a lot of your questions. In the meantime, I will search for the Detroit video and see if I can attach the link to this post. Sometimes I am successful and sometimes I'm not. :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been watching the Elio for months now, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. However, my commute is changing from Valley Center--> Carlsbad to Valley Center--> Torrey Pines in a couple of months, which is an extra 230 miles per week, so I'm getting serious. What will make me push the button?
Hi and welcome from Oregon, MyronW. It sounds like that extra 230 miles per week just might be the straw that breaks the camels back and encourages you to push that button. Whether it does or doesn't, you are welcome here and I hope you enjoy the group and the exciting journey to Elio production and ownership. :-) Z

Top Bottom