• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Any Updates On Production

roadtrippin2016

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Haven't rattled any cages lately with my posts, keep getting the usual schlock from Elio motors about everything under the sun except production. Dates keep getting pushed back and blah, blah, blah. Is there any real time frame for production, wondering if it might be in this decade. Does anyone want to buy my $1000 all in?
Is that a viable offer?...I noticed you have not posted your reservation number yet ? I would consider this purchase if it goes through "Elio Motors" and it be legal. You joined before I did and would not mind having a second Elio to garage in excellent condition for a "Transportation Historic Keepsake". When the Elio hits the market...the Elio will be in demand like Superbowl tickets ! I truly believe that Elio will have to step up production to meet the demand ! The "Fleet Sales" alone will put the gas saving commuter on every company that has goods to be delivered ! Pizzas/ Flower delivery / Pharmacy / hot-shot deliveries for small packages...Amazon,Ebay,Sears,Wal-mart,etc The projected production start up as far I know is still slated for mid-2016....just look for the real news around April/May of 2016...should have pictures and company postings about trial production runs and hiring of the workforce . The recent supplier meeting have been finalizing their production schedule date and should be sharing that with Elio buyers soon in September. (that was stated already on this website)....just sayin'

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is that a viable offer?...I noticed you have not posted your reservation number yet ? I would consider this purchase if it goes through "Elio Motors" and it be legal. You joined before I did and would not mind having a second Elio to garage in excellent condition for a "Transportation Historic Keepsake". When the Elio hits the market...the Elio will be in demand like Superbowl tickets ! I truly believe that Elio will have to step up production to meet the demand ! The "Fleet Sales" alone will put the gas saving commuter on every company that has goods to be delivered ! Pizzas/ Flower delivery / Pharmacy / hot-shot deliveries for small packages...Amazon,Ebay,Sears,Wal-mart,etc The projected production start up as far I know is still slated for mid-2016....just look for the real news around April/May of 2016...should have pictures and company postings about trial production runs and hiring of the workforce . The recent supplier meeting have been finalizing their production schedule date and should be sharing that with Elio buyers soon in September. (that was stated already on this website)....just sayin'
to keep in mind. the day after the Super Bowl you can buy tickets very reasonably. The E in my opinion will be "hot" for a few months at best if the projected numbers are met..
Production news has to arrive well before April/May for mid-year delivery- there was a projected 4-6 week lag between being contacted to order your E and delivery. IMO if "it" doesn't start moving by January, it can't happen Aug/Sept.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Haven't rattled any cages lately with my posts, keep getting the usual schlock from Elio motors about everything under the sun except production. Dates keep getting pushed back and blah, blah, blah. Is there any real time frame for production, wondering if it might be in this decade. Does anyone want to buy my $1000 all in?

Always good to have the cages rattled, it keeps us young.

Love the word "schlock", haven't heard of it before. Googled it: "cheap or inferior goods or material; trash".

If you look at things over a number of years, yes, dates have been pushed back. In the past few weeks, we're more waiting for a schedule to be posted.

My sanity for the Elio is kept intact by this: there are things beyond their control that affect production. Some people want to find blame. Those folks can have fun looking. :argue:

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
to keep in mind. the day after the Super Bowl you can buy tickets very reasonably. The E in my opinion will be "hot" for a few months at best if the projected numbers are met..
Production news has to arrive well before April/May for mid-year delivery- there was a projected 4-6 week lag between being contacted to order your E and delivery. IMO if "it" doesn't start moving by January, it can't happen Aug/Sept.

Unless they really jump the gun it is likely the first thing we will hear is employment opportunities in Shreveport.
At a guess, three months before production is planned to start.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unless they really jump the gun it is likely the first thing we will hear is employment opportunities in Shreveport.
At a guess, three months before production is planned to start.
I am thinking initial hiring will be in drips and drabs under the radar as some will be hired early as HR support, cleaning, maintenance, etc, pre-production needs. I think EM will need to juggle not having too many on pay-roll and having enough to mitigate any potential flack if they miss their hiring deadline to avoid penalties to RACER. Anyone following the hiring adds in AZ or LA?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am thinking initial hiring will be in drips and drabs under the radar as some will be hired early as HR support, cleaning, maintenance, etc, pre-production needs. I think EM will need to juggle not having too many on pay-roll and having enough to mitigate any potential flack if they miss their hiring deadline to avoid penalties to RACER. Anyone following the hiring adds in AZ or LA?
How aggressive will RACER Trust be in collecting penalties seeing as how RACER sold the facility to Stewart Lichter's company Industrial Realty Group, LLC and Lichter is on Elio's board. Or do I have something wrong here?

Top Bottom