• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Any Updates On Production

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How aggressive will RACER Trust be in collecting penalties seeing as how RACER sold the facility to Stewart Lichter's company Industrial Realty Group, LLC and Lichter is on Elio's board. Or do I have something wrong here?

Somehow I think that if jobs are being created and progress is being made, RACER Trust will not kill the goose that lays the golden egg. Unlike the idiot bureaucrats running things in DC.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How aggressive will RACER Trust be in collecting penalties seeing as how RACER sold the facility to Stewart Lichter's company Industrial Realty Group, LLC and Lichter is on Elio's board. Or do I have something wrong here?
PE told KCLA (and everyone who listened) last winter that RACER would not give them any slack on the hiring requirement, though they were cutting them some slack on the actual production date.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Somehow I think that if jobs are being created and progress is being made, RACER Trust will not kill the goose that lays the golden egg. Unlike the idiot bureaucrats running things in DC.
I think RACER would certainly want Elio Motors to succeed, however that's not their business. I think the per head penalty was created by Racer to be a serious stick, to motivate Elio with. Elio can't just say "we've started hiring" and point to one or two people and be off the hook, they have to account for each head.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I "WONDER" how much Elio "scalping" will be happening by those that change their mind or can wait... after the production line starts to produce.
I've wondered about that, and whether it would create a buzz or be a buzz kill. Elio Motors will have their work cut out for them as they build their brand image, it's pretty solid here, but it's clearly fragile in other places.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unless they really jump the gun it is likely the first thing we will hear is employment opportunities in Shreveport.
At a guess, three months before production is planned to start.
It seems we need to see the on schedule P5 unveil, hear that crowdsource funding is in the bank, the E6-25 builds with successful testing completed, and the even larger production funding source (ATVM or others) is in the bank before there would be any employment opportunity or hiring news.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It seems we need to see the on schedule P5 unveil, hear that crowdsource funding is in the bank, the E6-25 builds with successful testing completed, and the even larger production funding source (ATVM or others) is in the bank before there would be any employment opportunity or hiring news.
I couldn't agree more Rickb. Also, they will have their hands full by committing to this safety testing before the first one roll out of the assembly line. Check out this article I found this morning and click on the 20 most dangerous cars in the country. My general comment on this is: these are mostly full size cars and some are even vans, SUV's and 4x4 that these car companies extensively tested and still failed on critical areas tested by these independent testers. How would our ELIO fair once it's out there??? Anyhow, here it is: http://247wallst.com?s=the+most+dangerous+cars+in+the+country&x=0&y=0
or go to www.247wallst.com and search : the most dangerous cars in the country. It's a good read.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more Rickb. Also, they will have their hands full by committing to this safety testing before the first one roll out of the assembly line. Check out this article I found this morning and click on the 20 most dangerous cars in the country. My general comment on this is: these are mostly full size cars and some are even vans, SUV's and 4x4 that these car companies extensively tested and still failed on critical areas tested by these independent testers. How would our ELIO fair once it's out there??? Anyhow, here it is: http://247wallst.com?s=the+most+dangerous+cars+in+the+country&x=0&y=0
or go to www.247wallst.com and search : the most dangerous cars in the country. It's a good read.
I'm less concerned about crash testing than I am about overall performance, handling, comfort, durability, and the fit and finish testing of the Elio. When it comes to safety ratings (I'm hoping for 5 star) the Elio will be the safest three wheeling motorcycle on the market. Regardless of the final safety rating, I won't feel like I'm driving the safest vehicle on the road, but will be having fun driving it.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm less concerned about crash testing than I am about overall performance, handling, comfort, durability, and the fit and finish testing of the Elio. When it comes to safety ratings (I'm hoping for 5 star) the Elio will be the safest three wheeling motorcycle on the market. Regardless of the final safety rating, I won't feel like I'm driving the safest vehicle on the road, but will be having fun driving it.
I agree. It'll be the FUN factor no doubt! Other drivers on the street or the freeways will surely get close to our ELIO trying to check it out. It'll be a while before it becomes a common sight like the Ferraris, the Lambos or any other exotic cars because after all, our ELIO will be in that category: EXOTIC minus the exuberant price! It's a win win.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually, if the automobile protocol of crash testing is followed, I do recall on proceedure of random selection of units at various dealers (finished units ready for sale), that might have been to appease certain insurance Co's. There seems to be more than one agency used for crashing tests as I recall. It might have been answered, but are the tests the "standards" used in automobile measurements, or is EM doing their own evaluation of what 5 star rating is for an autocycle?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
EM has consistently said the crash test would be at automotive standards .... we do need to keep in mind that insurance companies and governmental bodies have no rules for crash testing a motorcycle .... I hope going to the trouble of holding the crash test will help lower the insurance rates adopted by the industry but I suspect that the replacement cost will figure in heavily

Top Bottom