• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

And Now... The P5!

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With plastic body panels, suppose I'm wearing fluffy wool pants and am rubbing back and forth on my Elio while pouring gas down the side of it, smoking, and talking on my cell phone... :rolleyes:

Someone here said they like to go inside while the pump fills their car and are concerned if they do that in their Elio... How long will it actually take to fill that tiny tank? Besides, going inside to shop while your car is just parked by the pump is being quite the ass to anyone who comes up to get gas and has to wait on you.:mad:

I rode my BRP to work today stopped about half way to fill up the tank (more riding later this evening) and guess what, the engine and exhaust were good and hot, and the gas tank is even plastic, I even spilled a little, and didn't blow up.
gas.JPG
:D

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
the question as to what EM has in mind for the P5 appears (at least partly) to be answered ....this quote comes from an E-mail (link) we received from EM yesterday :

"Hello Elio’ers! We’ve had a lot going on this month, especially with the news that a new prototype will soon be coming to the tour. We can’t wait to show off the P5 with our engine from IAV and transmission from Aisin."

it appears that the P5 will replace the P4 on the tour and will be used for generating public awareness .... I also have no doubt it will be used in many test drives for folks in the media

Last edited:

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
the question as to what EM has in mind for the P5 appears (at least partly) to be answered .... in the E-mail (link) this quote comes from an we received from EM yesterday :

"Hello Elio’ers! We’ve had a lot going on this month, especially with the news that a new prototype will soon be coming to the tour. We can’t wait to show off the P5 with our engine from IAV and transmission from Aisin."

it appears that the P5 will replace the P4 on the tour and will be used for generating public awareness .... I also have no doubt it will be used in many test drives for folks in the media
and funding sources...... :)

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
and funding sources...... :)

Stop and think about this........
A complete vehicle that can be road tested (demoed) to some reputable car magazines would definitely make a great investment promo if done right.
Watkins Glen, NY, Lime Rock, Conn, Riverside, CA, Circuit of the Americas, Austin TX might be great venues for road testing the Elio. It's not a sports car but would provide some pop.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Stop and think about this........
A complete vehicle that can be road tested (demoed) to some reputable car magazines would definitely make a great investment promo if done right.
Watkins Glen, NY, Lime Rock, Conn, Riverside, CA, Circuit of the Americas, Austin TX might be great venues for road testing the Elio. It's not a sports car but would provide some pop.

as the P6, P7, P8, and so-on become available, my bet is we will see them generating strong positive public impressions all over the country

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
--- Lawyer is the second oldest profession in the world. Funny that both it and the oldest profession screw people for money.

Something that occurred to me this week about the 2nd oldest profession, and I suppose it's true about the oldest profession too... no matter how bad you are at your job, you still get paid. :D

Top Bottom