• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

All Wheel Drive Elio?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I think along the same lines of the original poster who suggested throwing a set of Bridgestone Blizzak winter tires on for the 3-4 months when it's prudent. I have a set of Blizzak winter tires for my Jeep Patriot and wholeheartedly preach the safety benefits to changing tires to match the seasons.

The top three winter tire brands, by many accounts, include the Bridgestone Blizzak, Michelin X-Ice XI3, and Continental WinterContact SI. If Continental can simply apply their winter tire technologies to a size suitable for the Elio, cold weather users would be set.
The only kind of tire I need here is a good rain tire and I'm set. No worries about snow; if on that rare occasion that we do get snow, the Elio will be in a nice weather controlled garage, and I'll take the 4X4 Dodge Nitro. :becky:

Or better yet, I'll just stay home :thumb:

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think along the same lines of the original poster who suggested throwing a set of Bridgestone Blizzak winter tires on for the 3-4 months when it's prudent. I have a set of Blizzak winter tires for my Jeep Patriot and wholeheartedly preach the safety benefits to changing tires to match the seasons.

Hear, hear! When the Miata was my daily driver, it would have been undriveable in the snow if not for the Blizzaks.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just a technicality: The problem is not that nobody manufactures that particular size of tire. The problem is that it is not currently distributed within the United States. Probably because it isn't popular here.

You can bet that as soon as the Elio gains traction in the market (:drum:), you will be able to buy Michelin or Toyo tires for your Elio at your local tire center of choice.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a technicality: The problem is not that nobody manufactures that particular size of tire. The problem is that it is not currently distributed within the United States. Probably because it isn't popular here.

You can bet that as soon as the Elio gains traction in the market (:drum:), you will be able to buy Michelin or Toyo tires for your Elio at your local tire center of choice.
For sure you would be able to find them at Pep Boys.

Top Bottom