• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

After Job Losses Local Lawmaker Wants Elio Investigation

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I listened to the entire press conference and it is not about being happy, they are just informing the public of the status quo.
My understanding is there was a closed door meeting and the press conference video. So we don't know what went on behind closed doors. Little to no information provided. It may be more about us being happy. :)

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Playing devil's advocate here: If he has really bad news, making it public could adversely affect any possibility of making a recovery. So you meet with them to ask them to "please stfu" while you try and salvage the situation. The NDA keeps them quiet so they don't reveal the bad news and blow any chance of a comeback. Not meeting with them, however, means they may keep on cranking up the pressure and bad press, further lowering the chances of success. The pitch goes something like this: "If you keep up with this grandstanding bullshit, you're going to ruin our chances of making it to production, and then we all lose: We don't get our funding, and you don't get your jobs. If you keep quiet, then there's a chance we can pull this off, and we all win."

Now, that's all speculating on worst case scenarios. It could very well be that there is some good news on the horizon, such as possible funding sources. But due to SEC regulations it's officially speculation, and a company senior officer can't make those kinds of statements public, so the NDA is there to satisfy SEC rules on the release of information. It's speculation so it can't be made public, and rules forbid the selective release of information, so he *can't* give the good news to a select group without ensuring that it doesn't go public.

Of course, that's all just idle speculation.
Very well said. Good or Bad ? Can't tell, no telling.
I do really like the idea of our hero CEO going to Shreveport to quietly tell the loudmouths to STFU.
I have a good feeling hearing Paul defend his Shreveport operation. Like I said before, if I were Mr Elio, I would live in that factory, and paint the Elio logo on everything.

PA Car Guy

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I want to say that Elio motors continues to be and has been committed to creating jobs in Shreveport in this facility We have never wavered on that and I'm very excited about where Elio Motors sits today." Paul Elio, May 11th.

I take that statement at face value and believe Paul has too much at stake to be more specific, I find myself quietly optimistic.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This reporter's twitter feed has lots of info.
https://twitter.com/vshirley

In particular, this video clip:
https://twitter.com/vshirley/status/862749588566007810

In it, PE says that EM's lease on the plant is NOT keeping anyone else out of the area, or out of the US, as some of the local Caddo politicos have claimed. In short: The other two companies that expressed interest in moving to the GM plant four years ago have still not announced any plans for moving into the US at all. Therefore there is no way that EM's lease on the plant lost jobs for Caddo, since those jobs were never created at all.

Edit: Also, the second company was given a 6 month option on the property, then let it expire without any comment or movement, and never executed the consolidation plan they were supposedly investigating.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ksla photo showing Elio and Johnson emerging from the closed door meeting.

View attachment 21636

I don't think either of these gentleman look happy.
Since we're all here as unqualified analysts (lol), let me start first and put words in their mouths based on this picture: (by the way, that wasn't a smile from PE, that's a smirk!)
Paul emerging from the meeting and talking to himself "Like it or not, I'm still the head huncho and I decide when to pull the plug! So between now and then, you can all kiss my a_ _!" The other guy on the phone talking to somebody "oh yeah, we got him! I told him he can't bullshit his way around it anymore, you've got no funding so you can't obviously make cars out of nothing and that's just the fact! Give it up or it'll get uglier for you!". :D

Top Bottom