• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

A Message To The Elio Team

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Try this bad boy out for fuel.. Bought it 9 years ago, gas was a buck a gallon and I could afford to use it every weekend during the summer..It has tripple 502 engines, crusing it drinks 1 1/2 gallons a minute, wide open throttle over three gallons a minute..Now fuel on the river ranges 4 to 5 bucks a gallon.. Last summer , the last time I used it, went out for 6 or 7 hours ,fuel cost $1700.00 bucks... Oh, forgot to mention..IT'S FOR SALE
OUCH!

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Try this bad boy out for fuel.. Bought it 9 years ago, gas was a buck a gallon and I could afford to use it every weekend during the summer..It has tripple 502 engines, crusing it drinks 1 1/2 gallons a minute, wide open throttle over three gallons a minute..Now fuel on the river ranges 4 to 5 bucks a gallon.. Last summer , the last time I used it, went out for 6 or 7 hours ,fuel cost $1700.00 bucks... Oh, forgot to mention..IT'S FOR SALE
Nice float! I never ventured to triples, had a 26' with twins (sbc) for a few years, went back to a 23'jet. Screw all that I/O maintenance. ;)

HoofHearted

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
There are enough manufacturers out there. You'd think it would be easy enough to build a digital dash that would be better than a specialized Elgin affair.
1) Learn how to swim.
2) Sink it.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice float! I never ventured to triples, had a 26' with twins (sbc) for a few years, went back to a 23'jet. Screw all that I/O maintenance. ;)
I really wish I'd ordered it with twins, it would be easer to sell..The third motor was a seventy five thousand dollar option and makes the boat go a whole 9 miles per hour faster than twin 502 "s..whoopi huh? I didn't think a 44 foot-er would run well on twins, found out that model is more comfortable on water with 2 motors..

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really wish I'd ordered it with twins, it would be easer to sell..The third motor was a seventy five thousand dollar option and makes the boat go a whole 9 miles per hour faster than twin 502 "s..whoopi huh? I didn't think a 44 foot-er would run well on twins, found out that model is more comfortable on water with 2 motors..

Yeah, that's alot of coin for a small gain. Adding all that stern weight is probably detrimental to handling and cockpit/interior space. But, for big water, having triples almost guarantees you'll make it back to the marina, even with multiple failures (assuming you have fuel LOL).
I can't believe the depreciation on the larger vessels. There's a '94 41' Formula with triple 502's on PBL for $45k. I don't know if that's typical price-wise, or if the seller just needs to dump it. Too large for the water around here; the 26' Nova II was a bit too big for some of the lakes we have here. I do miss the cushy ride though, the jet's d-pad can really beat the sh!t out of you at times.

(sorry for the OT post)

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, that's alot of coin for a small gain. Adding all that stern weight is probably detrimental to handling and cockpit/interior space. But, for big water, having triples almost guarantees you'll make it back to the marina, even with multiple failures (assuming you have fuel LOL).
I can't believe the depreciation on the larger vessels. There's a '94 41' Formula with triple 502's on PBL for $45k. I don't know if that's typical price-wise, or if the seller just needs to dump it. Too large for the water around here; the 26' Nova II was a bit too big for some of the lakes we have here. I do miss the cushy ride though, the jet's d-pad can really beat the sh!t out of you at times.

(sorry for the OT post)
The book says mine is worth 200k (it's a 2003, perfect , condition ) I'm getting offers in the 40 to 50 k range and most of them coming from Spain..To buy a 44 ft now days with tripples you will spend way over a million bucks..back when i got mine it was about half that with all the options.. I'm getting a 27 with 2 small blocks, or possibly a 24 to 25 with a single..

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking about going all in on a kayak... unsure I want to put that much money into a boat though... Maybe I'll get the optional dry storage container. Now, you know I'm just kidding here!

Top Bottom