• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

3d Model

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
thank you.. data recovery looks good so far. I have had Carbonite Back up since i was hit with a virus. from the looks of things it updated to the last minute. it seems that a Windows update is partially to blame. that was the last thing it did before shutting down for a reboot.
I have Carbonite as well but the whole process of restoring data and programs is time consuming and frustrating for someone like me with just enough computer knowledge to be dangerous.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Getting more progress in. It's definitely harder to reverse engineer someone else's design that create your own. On your own you can compromise with what tools you have as you choose. But some else's, especially if it's got to be good enough for a 3d print, I'm finding it takes a bit more effort and sleuthing.
Anyway the wheel shrouds should be a lot easier than what I have done up to now. Lot's and lots of things to visually clean up.
Elio3D.jpg

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Getting more progress in. It's definitely harder to reverse engineer someone else's design that create your own. On your own you can compromise with what tools you have as you choose. But some else's, especially if it's got to be good enough for a 3d print, I'm finding it takes a bit more effort and sleuthing.
Anyway the wheel shrouds should be a lot easier than what I have done up to now. Lot's and lots of things to visually clean up.
View attachment 3285[/QUO

You are not planning on making this full size and jumping the line are you?

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I assume you're using "mirror", or whatever they call it in Sketch Up. ... :)
Thanks! Yes, I leverage the 'group', separate graphic entities gets bound into groups, usually representing a part or assembly, then I can copy that, even collections of them, reverse it and relocate to a shared target. It's all very visual.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks! Yes, I leverage the 'group', separate graphic entities gets bound into groups, usually representing a part or assembly, then I can copy that, even collections of them, reverse it and relocate to a shared target. It's all very visual.
Are you leaving time for work (the paying kind), food or sleep? LOL :-) Z

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Are you leaving time for work (the paying kind), food or sleep? LOL :) Z
Z, you ARE psychic. Yes, been doing this most evenings while watch TV with my honey. And similar for the last 3 days, while I'm on vacation.

On the other hand TV by itself bugs me as such a waist of human potential. It's just nice to find something that could be useful in the world, and costs nothing but time... ( more altruistic statements to follow, until even Santa gets boord with it :) ) Thanks to the magic of laptops.
Now got a start on the wheels. K, I'll go do something else for a bit ,lol .
Elio3Dzz.jpg

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One problem I've found, the blueprints show the tires as 185's (correct me if that's wrong), even though we're hearing the future E will be smaller. I extended that into the 3d.
So for now, I'll keep it how it is, as what the P4 may have now. In any case that's one measure that would be very easy to modify even to include the wheel cover.

Top Bottom