• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

250,000 Units Per Year ?

champsman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Our pockets are not that deep, that's why we have opted for 2 $6800 Elio's instead of 1 $20,000 car from another maker. One will replace an 11 yo commuter car, the other will keep the miles down on the truck, for running around town. At this point we can wait until the Elios arrive in our drive way. As Ben Franklin put it, a penny saved is a penny earned. We plan on saving and earning lots of pennies with our Elios!:)

Deep pockets I don't have, had to save for the $1,000 all in and still saving for the balance at time of delivery.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
We have discussed Elio Motors marketing before and the truth is that they know very well who they are targeting for reservation holders and who they will target for retails sales.

Elio Motors has studied and understands the demographics of likely reservation holders quite well and determined EM's primary marketing focus should be on people middle aged and older who ride, or used to ride, motorcycles. The reasons for this are this group is likely to be more affluent, as motorcycles tend to be expensive toys, so they can afford to make a reservation and this group tends to be accepting of some level of risk in their lives which covers the fact that there is an inherent level of risk involved in making a reservation for a vehicle from a start-up. While EM is purposefully targeting a demographic most likely to make reservations everyone else who is exposed and interested is of course more than welcome to join the party.

Once we get closer to retail sales EM's marketing will shift to where EM will need to be at that time. EM has told us when this happens they expect market demand from college students, low-wage workers, urbanites, and as an '&' car for those who want a fuel efficient, low-cost alternative to commuting in their sedan, minivans, and SUV's.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Elio Motors has studied and understands the demographics of likely reservation holders quite well ...

Once we get closer to retail sales EM's marketing will shift to where EM will need to be at that time..

I see no conflict in an evolution in the marketing by any company .... the way GM designs and markets its Buick line has been interesting to follow .... EM hopes (or should hope) to sell vehicles to folks across the spectrum .... advertising messages are adapted to better suit the demographics of the folks who follow whatever media is being used .... to me there is no conflict with EM trying to reach all markets

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As I've posted in an earlier thread, I think Millennials could be a sweet spot for Elio . Think of the Juke, Soul or Cube as reference points. Quirky little urban vehicles that scream "different " . A few dancing rats , a catchy tune and badabing , you have a wave of acceptance . :cool:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The target market for the Elio is the single driver commuter in a wide range of demographics. The Juke, Soul, and Cube although small and quirky, do seat 4 and have lots of cargo space for their size. Elio is so sweet and different that it's an and vehicle for Juke, Soul, and Cube owners,

DanS

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As I've posted in an earlier thread, I think Millennials could be a sweet spot for Elio . Think of the Juke, Soul or Cube as reference points. Quirky little urban vehicles that scream "different " . A few dancing rats , a catchy tune and badabing , you have a wave of acceptance . :cool:

So you are suggesting Elio needs a mascot? Something that would appeal to the Millennials...hmmm.....

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Please Elio........no talking or dancing animal mascots......particularly rodents.........to include Mickey Mouse. Just be personal, authentic, and charitable.......and the millennials will follow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom